Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: read/write files
Top Forums Programming read/write files Post 302377758 by gaurav1086 on Saturday 5th of December 2009 03:48:09 AM
Old 12-05-2009
hello ..
you can read the structures one by one. using the simple read command.
given by your information-> the size of your structure would be.
(assuming 32 bit architecture) . you can add the sizes of the tokens or you can do a simple sizeof() to find the value.
then read the values in a buffer one by one and extract the values one by one.
Reply..if you need more.
Regards Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read and write files one line at a time.

Hi! All! I am wirting a shell script in which i want to read one line at a time from the file and write it simultaneouly to other file one line at a time. Please let me know about some shell utility which can help me out. Thanx. If further clarifications are needed then please let me know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_chopra
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with read/write Files

Hello, I am a Newbie in ksh Unix Script. So I must write a ksh/sh script who read character at a position in a File. So also it must read all the lines who belongs at these characters , then write these lines in a another File. Can you help me , or give little councils to advance with my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read or write device files

hi everybody, i am working in device drivers.As a beginner to this field ,i dont know how to read or write device files. Will copy_to_user and copy_from_user help me? I have created a device file using mknod command .Can anybody help me in this regard :confused thanks in advance sriram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED command for read and write to different files

Hi I need some help on SED command I am writing a shell script which does the following: 1. Read one line at a time from a file abc.txt which has millions of lines 2. Prefix each line read with some text " 3. Post fix each line read with a quote " 4. Write the new modified... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav_1711
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and write last modified timestamp to files?

Need help reading file last modified date in format: Filename (relative path);YYYYMMDDHHMMSS And then write it back. My idea is to backup it to a text file to restore later. Checked this command but does not work: Getting the Last Modification Timestamp of a File with Stat $ stat -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and write operations on files.

Dears. kindly guide !!! I have data, which is delimited by | . it should contain 26 columns, but one column data contain | makes few row to 27 columns. I want to find rows have 27 columns and then concatenate the specific columns to single column to make it 26 columns. Kindly help, Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
3 Replies
inb(9F) 						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						   inb(9F)

NAME
inb, inw, inl, repinsb, repinsw, repinsd - read from an I/O port SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> unsigned char inb(int port); unsigned short inw(int port); unsigned long inl(int port); void repinsb(int port, unsigned char *addr, int count); void repinsw(int port, unsigned short *addr, int count); void repinsd(int port, unsigned long *addr, int count); INTERFACE LEVEL
The functions described here are obsolete. For the inb(), inw(), and inl() functions, use, respectively, ddi_get8(9F), ddi_get8(9F), and ddi_get8(9F) instead. For repinsb(), repinsw(), andrepinsl(), use, respectively, ddi_rep_get8(9F), ddi_rep_get8(9F), and ddi_rep_get8(9F) instead. PARAMETERS
port A valid I/O port address. addr The address of a buffer where the values will be stored. count The number of values to be read from the I/O port. DESCRIPTION
These routines read data of various sizes from the I/O port with the address specified by port. The inb(), inw(), and inl() functions read 8 bits, 16 bits, and 32 bits of data respectively, returning the resulting values. The repinsb(), repinsw(), and repinsd() functions read multiple 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit values, respectively. count specifies the number of values to be read. A pointer to a buffer will receive the input data; the buffer must be long enough to hold count values of the requested size. RETURN VALUES
The inb(), inw(), and inl() functions return the value that was read from the I/O port. CONTEXT
These functions may be called from user, interrupt, or kernel context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level | Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
isa(4), attributes(5), ddi_get8(9F), ddi_get8(9F), ddi_get8(9F), ddi_rep_get8(9F), ddi_rep_get8(9F), ddi_rep_get8(9F), outb(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 inb(9F)