Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting count numbers of matching rows and replace its value in another file Post 302377752 by rdcwayx on Saturday 5th of December 2009 03:29:19 AM
Old 12-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon10
Hello,
I try both code but it doesn't work in solaris (give wrong output)
in Solaris, use nawk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to replace one character by numbers in a file

suppose u have a file aas P-H 123 gdg O-U 223 hdy I-Y 12 fgd K-O 333 ssa L-P 32 output shud be like that aas P123H gdg O223U hdy I12Y fgd K333O ssa L32P thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
7 Replies

2. AIX

How to replace many numbers with one number in a file

How to replace many numbers with one number in a file. Many numbers like 444565,454678,443298,etc. i want to replace these with one number (300).Please halp me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace rows from...to in a file?

Here is a description what i need: Document1: start... aaa bbb ccc ...end ======================= Document2: start... <paste the copied lines here> ...end All rows of document1 between "start...end" should be copied into the empty section "start...end" of document2. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitty11
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping data numbers in a text file into prescribed intervals and count

I have a text file that contains numbers (listed from the smallest to the largest). For ex. 34 817 1145 1645 1759 1761 3368 3529 4311 4681 5187 5193 5199 5417 5682 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete rows based on line numbers in a file

I have to find the number of rows in a file and delete those many rows in another file. For example, if I have 3 rows in a file A, i have to delete first 3 rows in anothe file B, I have the code, it works as standalone, when I merge this with m application (c with unix), it doesnt work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract rows from file based on row numbers stored in another file

Hi All, I have a file which is like this: rows.dat 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 8 9 0 4 3 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 I have another file with numbers like these (numbers.txt): 1 3 4 5 I want to read numbers.txt file line by line. The extract the row from rows.dat based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count of rows starting with 01 in a file

Hi I am very new to unix and please help me in solving the below problem I have a file with 50000+ rows. Each row(line) start with 01 or 02 or 03. Now i have to get the count of rows starting with 01 only, Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count rows in .dat file

Could you please tell e how to find the total number of rows in a .dat file. edit by bakunin: this is exactly why in "advanced and expert" section?? I transfer this thread to "Unix for Dummies Questions and Answers" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deeptanshu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a character of specified column(s) of all rows in a file

Hi - I have a file "file1" of below format. Its a comma seperated file. Note that each string is enclosed in double quotes. "abc","-0.15","10,000.00","IJK" "xyz","1,000.01","1,000,000.50","OPR" I want the result as: "abc","-0.15","10000.00","IJK" "xyz","1,000.01","1000000.50","OPR" I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell: Count The sum of numbers in a file

Hi all; Here is my file: V1.3=4 V1.4=5 V1.1=3 V1.2=6 V1.3=6 Please, can you help me to write a script shell that counts the sum of values in my file (4+5+3+6+6) ? Thank you so much for help. Kind regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)