Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Ubuntu 9.10 Setup Post 302377724 by maneth on Friday 4th of December 2009 11:14:52 PM
Old 12-05-2009
I just signed up to point out that it looks like the Linode guide actually tells you to run "apt-get update" in its "Getting Started" guide, which is linked to on the LAMP server guide.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Customer Service

This weekend I planned to set up two OpenX servers to serve some rotating images to the forums. First, I signed up with SliceHost. Working outside of the US, SliceHost naturally required some additional information. They emailed me with 15 minutes of signing up asking for more information to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

2. Android

Mini Review: Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.1) v. Nokia E63

Well, I've had my new Galaxy S around one day now and I must say, I am not sure if I regret buying it or not. Before buying it, I read a lot of reviews about the Galaxy S (e.g. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S review: From outer space), including reviews of problems with the GPS and some intermittent WiFi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Tab Setup in Ubuntu

Hi, I need to install the crontab utility in Ubuntu. Can any one one tell me what exactly is the steps to do it? Thanks in Advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How do you setup 2 nic cards for squid Ubuntu server?

I have a made my squid proxy, I now have add another nic card to an old CPU using Ubuntu server 12.04. I have seen another post similar however I am new and did not understand some of it. Something about redirecting IP address and IP table? I don't know how to do this.:confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trilju2005
9 Replies
APT-DATER(8)							  [FIXME: manual]						      APT-DATER(8)

NAME
apt-dater - terminal-based remote package update manager SYNOPSIS
apt-dater [[-(c config|v|[n]r)]] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the apt-dater command. apt-dater is a program to manage package updats on a large number of remote hosts using SSH. OPTIONS
apt-dater accepts the following command parameters: -c config Use alternative config file. Default is $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/apt-dater/apt-dater.conf. -v Show apt-dater version and copyright statement. -r Refresh hosts and create XML report on stdout. apt-dater must be compiled with XMLREPORT feature. -n Prevent hosts to be refreshed before create XML report (useful for cronjobs which do not have access to SSH key(s)). ENVIRONMENT
MAINTAINER The maintainer's name (i.e. used by debtrack). If not set, the GECOS entry for the current user will be used. This environment variable could be forwarded to remote hosts with the ssh(1) SendEnv+AcceptEnv options. FILES
~/.config/apt-dater/apt-dater.conf The configuration file of apt-dater ~/.config/apt-dater/hosts.conf Contains all hosts you would like to manage SEE ALSO
apt-dater.conf(5), aptitude(1), apt-get(1), debtrack, screen(1), ssh(1). AUTHORS
Andre Ellguth <ellguth@ibh.de> Maintainer. Thomas Liske <liske@ibh.de> Maintainer. Jens Haser <jens_dd@hotmail.de> Fixed some UI glitches. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 IBH IT-Service GmbH [http://www.ibh.de/] [FIXME: source] May 29, 2012 APT-DATER(8)