Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Kill child processes, when parent is "bash" Post 302377713 by teras on Friday 4th of December 2009 08:58:52 PM
Old 12-04-2009
Thank you for your answer, I thought this was the rule.
In any case I solved the problem with another way.
Thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kill parent and child

Hello all, I have gone through the search and looked at posting about idle users and killing processes. Here is my question I would like to kill an idle user ( which I can do) but how can I asure that all of his process is also killed whit out tracing his inital start PID. I have tried this on a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"kill -14 pid" doesn't works on all processes !!

If I try to run "kill -14 pid", some processes in my application get terminated , while some keeps running. If SIGALRM signal is sent, they should make an exit. What's the reason any process keeps on running. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poojac
1 Replies

3. Programming

"No child processes" and waitpif

Hi everybody, i'm using a signal handler for the SIGCHLD signal. void InstallNewSigChldHandler() { struct sigaction act; struct sigaction oldAct; act.sa_handler = CallWaitChildProcess; sigemptyset(&act.sa_mask); act.sa_flags = SA_NOCLDSTOP; if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zipi
5 Replies

4. AIX

Typing "bash" at the command line spawns two bash processes

Server: IBM p770 OS: AIX 6.1 TL5 SP1 When one of our develoeprs types "bash" on the command line to switch shells, it hangs. For some reason, two bash processes are created....the first bash process spawns a second bash process in the same console, causing a hang. Anyone have any idea what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjssj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

will child processes be created when executing "ps"?

Hi I'm trying to write some code to confirm there is only one running instance in memory like below: /usr/ucb/ps -auxww | egrep -v 'grep |vi |tail |more |cat ' | egrep ${SCRIPT_NAME} | egrep -v " \-h| \-help| \-v" But sometimes i found there is some child processes are are created as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to kill a number of processes with name "XYZ" at a time using shell script

Hi, when i grep for the process "XYZ" , there will be some good number of processes with that name, i want to kill all the these processes at a time using shell script? Any help needed for this action. Thanks Regards, Anil (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilmanepu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

forking a child process and kill its parent to show that child process has init() as its parent

Hi everyone i am very new to linux , working on bash shell. I am trying to solve the given problem 1. Create a process and then create children using fork 2. Check the Status of the application for successful running. 3. Kill all the process(threads) except parent and first child... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vizz_k
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill Parent/ Child processes

I am trying to kill PIDs that are tied to a KSH "load_sqlplus" and I am using the below code LIST_PID=`ps -ef | grep -i "load_sqlplus" | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` if ; then echo "Processes killed" "PID : " $LIST_PID kill -9 $LIST_PID else echo "Nothing to Kill" fi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky338
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the use of "finger" command & how to use it to kill the online processes ?

Hi there, I am eager to know what exactly is the use of "finger" command & how to use it to kill the online processes ? :b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijitpaul0212
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)						  Linux Audit API					    AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)

NAME
audit_add_rule_data - Add new audit rule SYNOPSIS
#include <libaudit.h> int audit_add_rule_data (int fd, struct audit_rule_data *rule, int flags, int action); DESCRIPTION
audit_add_rule adds an audit rule previously constructed with audit_rule_fieldpair_data(3) to one of several kernel event filters. The fil- ter is specified by the flags argument. Possible values for flags are: o AUDIT_FILTER_USER - Apply rule to userspace generated messages. o AUDIT_FILTER_TASK - Apply rule at task creation (not syscall). o AUDIT_FILTER_EXIT - Apply rule at syscall exit. o AUDIT_FILTER_TYPE - Apply rule at audit_log_start. The rule's action has two possible values: o AUDIT_NEVER - Do not build context if rule matches. o AUDIT_ALWAYS - Generate audit record if rule matches. RETURN VALUE
The return value is <= 0 on error, otherwise it is the netlink sequence id number. This function can have any error that sendto would encounter. SEE ALSO
audit_rule_fieldpair_data(3), audit_delete_rule_data(3), auditctl(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb. Red Hat Aug 2009 AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)