Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Difference operator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Difference operator Post 302377537 by ash.g on Friday 4th of December 2009 09:46:22 AM
Old 12-04-2009
replace some string by null??

What does s=s there signify? Is that like replasing some sting?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem about c++ new operator

#include <iostream.h> class test { private: int i; public: inline test(int m) { i = m; } inline int get_i() { return i; } }; int main() { test * a = new test(2); (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

And operator

I am trying to check two variables and if both are blank I want to set a flag: the_f3_pid=`rsh $target ps -ef | grep "f3.eab" | awk '{print $2}'` the_f7_pid=`rsh $target ps -ef | grep "f7.eab" | awk '{print $2}'` if ; then y=1 fi I get an error: ./script_name: test: 0403-021 ]... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Or operator with if

hi, i was trying to club to test condition with if. if -o ; then it is giving me error message, i wanted to ask how can we check two condtions with one if. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babom
1 Replies

4. Programming

new operator

Hi, Please clear the 2 questions, 2 Questions, 1) Why the new as a operator? Is there any special reason why it can't be a function like malloc? 2) How are we considering sizeof(),new are as a opearartors? I know + - * / -> , . etc.. are operators, which criteria satisfied by sizeof()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su with << operator

All, THe below is my script , when i use this i am getting nothing . could any one help me to know what is the use of the << operator below su - $8 << supo echo "exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4" exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4 supo i also tried as individual command su - userid << supo , when i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

+= operator

im new to bash scripting and im just using online tutorials and trial and error. i wanted to write a script to read numbers from a file and find their sum: #!/bin/bash theSum=0 for line in $(cat numbers.txt) do let "theSum = theSum + $line" echo "$line" done echo "The sum is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrolux444
3 Replies

7. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Description of OR AND Operator

From the below i would need the difference using between && and || error_func() { # Standard error function ] && print -u2 "ERROR: $*" exit 1 } ] && error_func "Source Directory is missing as input argument" ] || error_func "Source Directory does not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun888
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Like operator in IF statement

how can i use like operator in IF statement. Below is correct format, please guide if ; then CT_ACT_FILE_NAME=`echo FINACLE' else CT_ACT_FILE_NAME=`echo not listed' fi ---------- Post updated at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:56 PM ---------- Please use CODE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan.shaukat
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
SC_WARTS2PCAP(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  SC_WARTS2PCAP(1)

NAME
sc_warts2pcap -- write packets included in warts object to a pcap file. SYNOPSIS
sc_warts2pcap [-o outfile] [-s sort] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The sc_warts2pcap utility provides the ability to extract packets embedded in the tbit, sting, and sniff warts objects and write them to a pcap file, which can be read by tcpdump and wireshark. The options are as follows: -o outfile specifies the name of the output file. If no output file is specified, it will be written to the standard output, provided that it is not a tty. -o sort specifies how the pcap records (packets) are sorted before being written out. By default, no sorting is applied; the packets are grouped as they are in the warts file. If packet sorting is specified, the packets are written out in timestamp order. Note that this operation requires the packets to be read into memory to be sorted, so it will require a corresponding amount of memory to com- plete. EXAMPLES
The command: sc_warts2pcap -o output.pcap file1.warts file2.warts will read the packet objects from file1.warts, and then file2.warts, and write them to output.pcap. The command: gzcat file1.warts.gz | sc_warts2pcap -s packet >file1.pcap will read the contents of the uncompressed warts file supplied on stdin, sort the packets by their timestamp, and then write the output to file1.pcap. SEE ALSO
scamper(1), tcpdump(1) AUTHORS
sc_warts2pcap is written by Stephen Eichler and Matthew Luckie. BSD
October 15, 2010 BSD