Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Weird dependency problem!
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Weird dependency problem! Post 302377421 by pludi on Friday 4th of December 2009 04:34:49 AM
Old 12-04-2009
The obvious question first: why don't you install it using the distributions package manager? I think it's yum for Red Hat. Those usually have automatic dependency tracking, and can track official software repositories to download software from.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird Problem???

I have a problem I don't understand... I am trying to declare a variable, and then output the results of that variable, couldn't be simpler #!/bin/ksh VAR='Oranges' if then echo "Found Lemons" elif then echo "Found Oranges" fi The output shouold clearly be "Found Oranges", but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

weird problem with removing files

I have a few files on my system named: -rw------- -rw-r----- -rw-rw--w- -rwxrw-r-x (Yes, it's really the name of the file, not the access permissions, they're 0 bytes large and all created at the same date/time). I've no idea how they got there but I don't seem to be able to delete them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Weird crontab problem

Greetings To All! I am running Solaris 10 in a sparc environment. Here is the deal: In /var/spool/cron/crontabs, there is a cron user named "sys". If I do a crontab -l sys, it returns: # 0 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 # 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 # 5 18 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Really weird delete problem

Hi, I've Ubuntu 8.04, and it has some files that I just cannot delete. I've tried everything, inode, fsck etc. Here is what the ls -li outputs root@ubuntu:/home/luser/.local/share/Trash/files/junk# ls -l ls: cannot access TRUNK_: No such file or directory ls: cannot access 2006_output.mv:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Dependency problem

Hi all am new to solaris ............ i installed amanda client pkg that time am getting lots of dependency problem.......... is there any Yum server like things in solaris Regards ' prAn (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pran
8 Replies

6. Programming

Simple Makefile Problem (with a dependency)

Hi all, I have 4 '.cpp' files and 1 header files: Tools.cpp Code1.cpp Code2.cpp Code3.cpp and Tools.hh Now all Code1.cpp, Code2.cpp, Code3.cpp use functions stored in Tools.cpp. Currently, what I do to compile all of them is using this simple shell script: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird problem with cp command on a Synology

Hi. First post, and Linux newbie, so maybe I'm missing something obvious: I have a Synology NAS that is run by a Linux distribution (which?). I have had an external hard drive connected to the NAS for making backups using Synology's backup application Time Backup. Time Backup is based on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pokersut
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk weird problem.

awk 'BEGIN{print 1.2.3.4}' 1.20.30.4 Can anyone explain why has extra "0" in the IP address? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird problem with join command

I have a weird issue going on with the join command... I have two files I am trying to join...here is a line from each file with the important parts marked in red: file1: /groupspace/ccops/cmis/bauwkrcn/commsamp_20140315.txt,1 file2:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbiggied
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird awk problem

Hi, I have a simple awk script: BEGIN{} { $a=$2-$1; print $a } END{if(NR==0){ print "0" } } to which I provide the following input 2.9 14 22.2 27 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies
order(4)                                                           File Formats                                                           order(4)

NAME
order - package installation order description file DESCRIPTION
The package installation order file, .order, is an ASCII file specifying the order in which packages must be installed based on their pre- requisite dependencies. Any package with prerequisite dependencies must be installed after any packages it lists as a prerequisite dependency in its depend file. A .order file is required for the OS product. The .order file must reside in the top-level directory containing the product. The ordering is specified as a list of package identifiers, from the first package to be installed to the last, one package identifier per line. NOTES
The depend file supports incompatible and reverse dependencies. These dependency types are not recognized in the order file. SEE ALSO
cdtoc(4), clustertoc(4), depend(4), packagetoc(4), pkginfo(4) SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1993 order(4)