Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers accessing windows files from unix Post 302377264 by Corona688 on Thursday 3rd of December 2009 03:01:53 PM
Old 12-03-2009
So you already have access to your files...? what's the problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on unix share from xp?

Sorry if the is in the wrong section, but would like to know if anyone can help with the following I am on a network using Windows XP and am having problems viewing/manipulating files on one of the shared drives, which happens to be a snap server. I have no other problems with any of the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrB
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on external USB drive using UNIX?

Hi Folks, I'm a serious UNIX newbie... I'm using a bash shell on Mac OS X. Basically I took up unix in order to use a specific image processing software package... I've learned enough to write a script to batch process all of my images, but I have so many that I would like to use an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slanter
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing UNIX files through visionFS/samba

Hello, I was wondering, for a windows application accesing UNIX files via VisionFS or SAMBA what would be a preferred way to read and process a large number of records? Up to 50 users could be accessing this file at the same time. 1. for each record - open file, read record, close file ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirilll7
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing windows server

Hello guys, i have a scenario that i need to run some commands on a unix machine and them connect on a windows server machine stop some services and them back to the Unix machine do another commands.. There is a way to do that with shell script? tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paddock
1 Replies

6. Solaris

accessing windows machine

hi , Please tell me how can i access windows machine from solaris OS.how can i share one drive or folder in windows for solaris please give me the step whatever it required thanks to all (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with accessing subversion installed on unix server through windows GUI

We are using subversion as a version control system in our project. We are connecting to client`s sun Solaris box through check point VPN. Client has installed subversion . We have created repository and add files to it. Now we want to access the same from our windows machine (through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aasid
0 Replies

8. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing my windows Application on Ubuntu

I am sure this is simple to do but as a newbie to UNIX i don't know much. I have Ubuntu installed on my machine alongside windows 7. How do i access all the folders, files and more importantly programs and softwares installed on Windows so i can use them in Ubuntu instead of going back and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pipsonian
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to copy files from Windows to UNIX box

Hi Folks, I have a file name abc.xml in my windows machine at the location c:\ytr\abc.xml which I want to place at the unix box machine inside cde directory.. at the following location that is /opt/app/cde/ now the credentials of unix box are abc345 -->(dummyid) ftyiu88--->(dummy passwd) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)