Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris Post 302377247 by jonnyvic on Thursday 3rd of December 2009 01:44:38 PM
Old 12-03-2009
Thank for the info buddy, the path is wrong.. i chnaged the path it started working fine...

thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to find and kill a process with high memory utilization

Hi Unix Gurus i am somewhat new to unix scripting so need your help to create a script as below. # This script would find the process consuming memory beyond a certain #limit. if the meemory consumption is more than 100% for a period of 1 # minute for the specific process. the script would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinforlinux
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a process from parent shell within a shell script

Hi, I am looking for a solution for the following problem: Im Using tcpdump within a shellskript started in a subshell by using brackets: ( /usr/sbin/tcpdump -i ... -c 1 ) - I want the outout of tcpdump saved in a variable - Than tcpdump-Process in the Subshell should be killed - and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2retti
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to kill process with respect to terminal

Hi, I've a script which kills all process, but i need a script shell script(sh), where it'll kill process on that particular terminal. below is example TY=`tty` for P in $TY do `kill -9 $P 2>/dev/null`; done echo "test process killed" break ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for to kill the process Ids when restarting the unix server

Hi, I need a script to kill the process Ids for the user ABC. I prepared the following script after that while logging with user therough script i am not sure how to pass the user name and password.Can ou modify the script and help me out. #!/bin/bash for filesize in $(ls -ltr | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job and shell script to kill a process if memory gets to high

Hello, I'd like to set a cron job that runs a shell script every 30 minutes or so to restart a java based service if the memory gets above 80%. Any advice on how to do this? Thanks in advance! - Ryan (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: prometheon123
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find a process by name and kill it

hi, Am a newbie to unix and wasnt able to write script to my requirement. I need a shell script, which should find a process by name and kill it. For eg: let the process name be "abc". I have different processes running by this name(abc), so should kill them all. Condition would be: if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris, grant user to kill another process

the task is grant user1 to kill another (for example user2) process. My steps: by root: usermod -P "Process Management" user1 login user1 user1@server (~) pfexec kill <PID> the result is: ksh: <PID>: not found or user1@server (~) pfexec pkill <PID> the result: nothing happens, still... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsyberia
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to report file size, pid and also kill the process

Hi All, Looking for a quick LINUX shell script which can continuously monitors the flle size, report the process which is creating a file greater than certain limit and also kill that process. Can someone please help me on this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasavimacherla
4 Replies
RABBITMQ-ENV.CONF(5)						  RabbitMQ Server					      RABBITMQ-ENV.CONF(5)

NAME
rabbitmq-env.conf - default settings for RabbitMQ AMQP server DESCRIPTION
/etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf contains variable settings that override the defaults built in to the RabbitMQ startup scripts. The file is interpreted by the system shell, and so should consist of a sequence of shell environment variable definitions. Normal shell syntax is permitted (since the file is sourced using the shell "." operator), including line comments starting with "#". In order of preference, the startup scripts get their values from the environment, from /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf and finally from the built-in default values. For example, for the RABBITMQ_NODENAME setting, RABBITMQ_NODENAME from the environment is checked first. If it is absent or equal to the empty string, then NODENAME from /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf is checked. If it is also absent or set equal to the empty string then the default value from the startup script is used. The variable names in /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf are always equal to the environment variable names, with the RABBITMQ_ prefix removed: RABBITMQ_NODE_PORT from the environment becomes NODE_PORT in the /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf file, etc. # I am a complete /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf file. # Comment lines start with a hash character. # This is a /bin/sh script file - use ordinary envt var syntax NODENAME=hare SEE ALSO
rabbitmq-server(1) rabbitmqctl(1) EXAMPLES
# I am a complete /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf file. # Comment lines start with a hash character. # This is a /bin/sh script file - use ordinary envt var syntax NODENAME=hare This is an example of a complete /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf file that overrides the default Erlang node name from "rabbit" to "hare". AUTHOR
The RabbitMQ Team <info@rabbitmq.com> RabbitMQ Server 06/22/2012 RABBITMQ-ENV.CONF(5)