Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris In Solaris Zones Dedicated-Cpu Performance? Post 302377192 by incredible on Thursday 3rd of December 2009 10:25:31 AM
Old 12-03-2009

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

2. AIX

dedicated cpu for a user account

Hi All, I want to configure a user account which contains a dedicated cpu allocated to it. For example, if i have a user account by name "user1" in my AIX 5.3 machine and a 4 physical processor, Now i want to assign 1 physical processor to "user1" out of 4 physical processor how do i do? Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charan.guddu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Doubt on non global zone dedicated-cpu usage ??

Hi All, While creating zone we will mention min and max cpu cores, If the non global zone uses only minimum cores at particular time What the other cores will do? Will it shared to global zone? If we do prstat in non global zone is it show only the allocated cpu cores for that zone or it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
0 Replies

4. SCO

CPU Performance Problems on VMWARE

hi We have migrated SCO 5.0.6 into ESX4, but the VM eats 100% of the virtual CPU. Here is top print from the SCO VM: last pid: 16773; load averages: 1.68, 1.25, 0.98 02:08:41 79 processes: 75 sleeping, 2 running, 1 zombie, 1 onproc CPU states: 0.0% idle, 17.0% user,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
7 Replies

5. Solaris

cpu- requirements for non-global zones

Hello Admins, Does anyone has any idea on how to assign no. of cpu and memory to non-global zones on solaris 10..... We have few zones in our environment. We wanted to assign memory and no of cpu's ..(e.g. 4Gb / 2 CPU's) Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Performance - CPU spiking

We have a DB server which is constantly utilised above 95% above. This is becoming nuisance when the monitoring team frequently calls to check on it. Frankly I do not know what to tweak or even interpret the outputs. I noticed constant 30 to 60% in wio column of the cpu utilisation. There... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundar63
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Need to understand CPU capping in Zones

Hi All I am using below command to do zone capping #zonecfg -z zone1 zonecfg:zone1> zonecfg:zone1>add capped-cpu zonecfg:zone1>capped-cpu> set ncpus=2 zonecfg:zone1>capped-cpu> end zonecfg:zone1> commit zonecfg:zone1> exit It means that it can used two CPUs in zone1 then I run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies

8. AIX

CPU performance

In my oracle db server we have 15 cores (power8). The output of the vmstat is as below. System configuration: lcpu=128 mem=208800MB ent=16.00 kthr memory page faults cpu time -----------... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
18 Replies
ZPRINT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ZPRINT(1)

NAME
zprint -- show information about kernel zones SYNOPSIS
zprint [-cdhlLstw] [name] DESCRIPTION
zprint displays data about Mach zones (allocation buckets). By default, zprint will print out information about all Mach zones. If the optional name is specified, zprint will print information about each zone for which name is a substring of the zone's name. zprint interprets the following options: -c (Default) zprint prints zone info in columns. Long zone names are truncated with '$', and spaces are replaced with '.', to allow for sorting by column. Pageable and collectible zones are shown with 'P' and 'C' on the far right, respectively. Zones with pre- posterously large maximum sizes are shown with '----' in the max size and max num elts fields. -d Display deltas over time, showing any zones that have achieved a new maximum current allocation size during the interval. If the total allocation sizes are being displayed for the zones in question, it will also display the deltas if the total allocations have doubled. -h (Default) Shows headings for the columns printed with the -c option. It may be useful to override this option when sorting by column. -l (Default) Show all wired memory information after the zone information. -L Do not show all wired memory information after the zone information. -s zprint sorts the zones, showing the zone wasting the most memory first. -t For each zone, zprint calculates the total size of allocations from the zone over the life of the zone. -w For each zone, zprint calculates how much space is allocated but not currently in use, the space wasted by the zone. Any option (including default options) can be overridden by specifying the option in upper-case; for example, -C overrides the default option -c. DIAGNOSTICS
The zprint utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
ioclasscount(1), lsmp(1), lskq(1), Mac OS X 2 May 2016 Mac OS X