Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disable HP rp4440 processor
Operating Systems HP-UX Disable HP rp4440 processor Post 302377148 by vbe on Thursday 3rd of December 2009 08:28:40 AM
Old 12-03-2009
Can you tell us where the logs you put in tags are from? Since its cyclicaly rebooting?
(GPM? console?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smart Array on a RP4440

I have a new Rp4440 that has hp-ux 11.11 on it with a smart array 30 attached to it, HP says they are compatiable and i should be able to use it. I am looking for any help in setting up the array i have it all connected but dont know how to setup the array so the OS see's hard drives. I got no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Processor Id

Hi Everyone I am new to unix. I ahve few quries that i would like to post. Is there any way by which i get the unique processor Id. Actually i am unable to find any logic and method to get access to Processor Id. Is it possible to get it. I read it on Intel site that the new processor do no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atul.saxena
1 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP rp4440 - rp 7420 cpu's??

hi I'm trying to find out how many spare cpu slots on the HP rp4440 - rp 7420 machines I have.. is there a command that will show me this..?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlosd
2 Replies

5. Solaris

OBP command to enable/disable a processor

Hello experts.. How can i enable or disable a processor from OBP(OK prompt)? Thanks in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
8 Replies

6. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

m4 processor (how to use)

hi, what plugins i need to install to run m4 processor in bash shell. Also, what is the file extension for m4 processor ( like .cc in c ). Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Need Hardware help on a RP4440 that lost the RTC and does not see both hard drives

Since the lost of the rtc all the settings became default. Does anyone remember what needs to be reset to discover both Hard drives? It sees the DVD and the scsi disk (intscsib.0) in 0/1/1/1.0 (disk 1 slot) but not 0/1/1/0.1 (intscsia.1)(disk 0 slot). Right now, from the service menu, scsi shows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
3 Replies
runon(1)						      General Commands Manual							  runon(1)

NAME
runon - Runs a command on a specific CPU or processor set SYNOPSIS
runon cpu_num command [argument...] runon -p [-x] pset_id command [argument...] runon -r rad_id command [argument...] DESCRIPTION
The runon utility runs the specified command (command) on the specified CPU (cpu_num), Processor Set (pset) or Resource Affinity Domain (RAD). The argument variable specifies any options or arguments for the specified command. All the threads created by the command inherit the CPU binding to the specified CPU (cpu_num), including threads created as the result of a fork. If the -p option is used, the specified command is bound to a processor set rather than to a specific processor. Because a processor set can contain more than one processor, the -p option is useful for multi-threaded applications. In addition, you can use the -x option to specify exclusive access to a processor set. OPTIONS
Binds to a processor set instead of a processor. You must specify the processor set identification number (pset_id), which is a unique integer that identifies the processor set and is returned by the pset_create command. You can specify the -x option with the -p option. Invokes Resource Affinity Domain (RAD) binding, which binds the command to a RAD identifier (rad_id) instead of an individual processor or pset. The RAD structure holds data associated with a NUMA building block. In this release, and for the purpose of using the runon command, a RAD is analogous to a hardware Quad Building Block or QBB. The hardware QBB identifier also identifies the RAD. However, in future releases a RAD will be defined as a related set of memory, pro- cessors, and I/O that might not map to a discrete QBB. Specifies exclusive use of a processor set. Use the -x option only with the -p option. SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_assign_cpu(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_create(1), pset_info(1), psradm(8) Files: processor_sets(4) Other: numa_intro(3) runon(1)