Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script not working...producing 0's and not number Post 302376957 by Scott on Wednesday 2nd of December 2009 07:02:59 PM
Old 12-02-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben1220
do I add an echo ${line} before the while loop?
Probably best if you echo it on a line after the "do".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of working days

Hi There, Can you help me writing an unix script which tells me number of working days between two dates. say d1 and d2. The answer should be Integer. is it possible in Unix. cheers, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in while loop producing arithmetic output

Hi all Just wondering if someone can help me with this. I'm trying to write a script that processes the output of another file and prints only the lines I want from it. This is only the second script I have written so please bare with me here. I have referred to the literature and some of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javathecat
3 Replies

3. AIX

aix 4.2 : using dd of=/dev/rmt0 producing error

I want to compress backup files to tape using compress on our AIX 4.2 - Our TAR does not have compression. - I do not want to use local storage to compress as most of the filesystems are pretty full. - the only compressing tool we have is 'compress' - tapes are 5Gb 8mm I am trying this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script producing error, Program to calculate maximum number

Hi folks, Here i have written a shell script to calculate a maximum number from 10 numbers entered on command line. max=0 echo Enter 10 numbers , one at a time for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do read n max=`expr $max + $n` if --- At this last step there is some problem, it gives error... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find highest number - working but need help!

Hello all, I am new to this and need some help or maybe steer me to the right direction! I wrote a script to get the highest number and prints it on the screen, the script basically asks the user to input numbers, and then prints the highest number! very simple it works like this $sh max.sh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknownsolo
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Tcpdump -i any producing duplicate packages?

Hi, Can anyone explain why do I see same request twice in tcpdump package when I use "tcpdump -i any"? So I'm tracing packets on eth1.800 interface, but using "tcpdump -i any" to capture them. What I see is that the requests/responses from my side seem to appear as duplicate in the pcap file,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk producing too many fields

Hey guys, awk is putting out too many results, two of each specifically. See below. Code: read CPU_VENDOR_ID <<< $(cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "vendor_id" | awk -F: '{print $2}') echo $CPU_VENDOR_ID echo Output: AuthenticAMD AuthenticAMD I only want it to print out "AuthenticAMD" once. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh arithmetic not producing the expected value

My original post did not show up properly. I am trying again. I have a simple tsch script that does some basic arithmetic. The calculated value was not producing the result I was expecting. I wrote a sample script to illustrate the things that I tried. #!/bin/tcsh @ count = 43 @... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgualandri
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script not producing output

Hi, I have a text file with some thousands of rows of the following kind (this will be referred to as the inputFileWithColorsAndNumbers.txt): Blue 6 Red 4 Blue 3 Yellow 4 Red 7 Colors in the left column and a number in the right one for each line. I want to run an awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zooma
5 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)