Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Results Load Simulation
Operating Systems Solaris Results Load Simulation Post 302376801 by incredible on Wednesday 2nd of December 2009 09:46:10 AM
Old 12-02-2009
power drawn or fan speed will only increase when one of the redundant unit has faulted (if applicable), otherwise it wont be the case jilliagre...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix simulation

hello everybody.. im new to this forum.. i have sme basic knowledge about unix.. but not too much.. i would like to practice shell programs n perl using a unix simulator.. but then i don't know wht a unix simulator means? just a bald definition that it creates a unix working environment in windows... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esash
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote simulation and 'at' command

Hey, Task seems to be quite easy, but I'm still a bit green in shell scripting. I hope you can help me a bit. I have to run some simulation at the distance by remote terminal. Normally when I'm working on the server directly I just type: mpirun -np 8 compressibleInterFoam -parallel > log.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PiPrus
7 Replies

4. Programming

Simulation using C/C++ and Java

Hi, I'm just start to learning simulate a network protocol using C/C++ and Java from scratch. Actually, I want to make two nodes can communicate using TCP and UDP protocol, for example http connection and video streaming, respectively. Can anyone help me find several references or guidance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simulation of an ATM interface

Hi guys, I recently discovered this problem and any help would be great. 1) Create a file in vi named Accounts_File with the following data: The user, the name, the pin number, current balance and transaction history. There are 3 users who need to be inputted with all their PIN, etc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimmy_c
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simulation of ATM interface

Hi guys, I recently discovered this problem and any help would be great. 1) Create a file in vi named Accounts_File with the following data: The user, the name, the pin number, current balance and transaction history. There are 3 users who need to be inputted with all their PIN, etc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimmy_c
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

OLSR simulation in ns2

# Create the simulator object that we need in order to run NS set ns # Set the parameters that we will use for wireless communications set val(chan) Channel/WirelessChannel ;# channel type set val(prop) Propagation/TwoRayGround ;# radio-propagation model set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amithkhandakar
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VPS has load 200, httpd load no activity, netstat nothing

Hello, on my hostserver i see one VPS of mine got load of 200.00 and netstat nothing (not a single blank line on netstat command) after some time, netstat started showing connections, but i see no excessive IP connections. tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log shows no activity /var/log/messages ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies
PWMCONFIG(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      PWMCONFIG(8)

NAME
pwmconfig - tests the PWM outputs of sensors and configures fancontrol SYNOPSIS
pwmconfig WARNING
pwmconfig will attempt to stop your fans, one at a time, for approximately 5 seconds each. This may cause your processor temperature to rise. Verify that all fans are running at normal speed after this program has exited. pwmconfig does its best to check that the fans are spinning when they are supposed to, but due to the diversity of available motherboards and fans, it shouldn't be blindly trusted. Always verify by yourself. It is strongly recommended to run pwmconfig at a time when there is no significant system load, to minimize the risk of overheating. DESCRIPTION
pwmconfig searches your sensors for pulse width modulation (PWM) controls, and tests each one to see if it controls a fan on your mother- board. Note that many motherboards do not have PWM circuitry installed, even if your sensor chip supports PWM. When a connection is established between a PWM control and a fan, pwmconfig can generate a detailed correlation, to show how a given fan is responding to various PWM duty cycles. Lastly, pwmconfig will enter in fancontrol configuration mode (unless you decide to skip that part.) In this mode, you are invited to enter several parameters which will determine how the fancontrol daemon regulates the speed of one or more fans in your system based on tempera- ture measurements. In particular, you will have the opportunity to establish mappings between fans and temperature inputs, define the tem- perature range over which the speed of the fan should be adjusted dynamically, the minimum speed at which the fan should spin, etc. See fancontrol(8) for additional information. BUGS
The term "PWM" is used because most fan control systems in computers are based on pulse width modulation. Some motherboards however use DC variation instead. So, the term "PWM" should be seen as a generic term for "fan speed control", regardless of the actual method used. SEE ALSO
fancontrol(8), sensors(1). AUTHORS
Marius Reiner <marius.reiner@hdev.de>, Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org> lm-sensors 3 September 28, 2008 PWMCONFIG(8)