Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is the command to get name associated with userid? Post 302376749 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 2nd of December 2009 06:53:56 AM
Old 12-02-2009
in pwd.h:
struct passwd *getpwuid(uid_t uid);

or getent from the command line?

I dunno OMVS: but I'm thinking OMVS is a guest. And so it only offers a subset of UNIX, proably just Unix tools and a shell. The above both require an actual C runtime.

Does it support the getent command?
Code:
getent prashant43 passwd

I went with awk earlier because I thought OMVS would be oddball.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

validating userid

What's wrong with this syntax? It's part of my 'if' statement but it doesn't seem to pass and it keeps going to the 'else' part. I thought it says that userid must start with a non-numeric character and is between 6 and 10 characters long (alphanumeric). $userid|grep -Eq '^?\{6,10\}+$' if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date and userid

Hi I am trying to write a script to check the log files for the trancactions based on usr input date and user input user id. I will take the user input userid and user input date and check there are any creation deletion happened, if so mail it other wise say no transactions; I got user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
2 Replies

3. AIX

Issues with "SU - userid -c command" on system reboot

Hi All! My db2 is started in the AIX /etc/inittab on systemreboot as follows db3:2:once:su - db2inst3 -c db2start >/dev/console 2>1 I changed the .profile of db2inst3 to put an alias to the db2start command as follows alias db2start="/usr/bin/ksh /home/db2inst3/sample/db2start.ksh" When... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: voorkey
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

userid

I would like to know the difference between the real user-id and the effective user-id. If user-A runs a program owned by user-B then which is the real user-id and which is the effective user-id ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment userid in file

Hello, does anyone know how to increment a userid(number) written in any scripting language that works on a shell? For example: I have a HTML file in this format: userid: name: telephone: Every time I execute my script it adds the same fields, except with the userid incremented. Like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavu88
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Pls change my userid

Can you change my userid from "jdmower" to "jdmowrer". I dropped an r when registering. thanks Jim (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdmowrer
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

userid access only to a particular service

Hi All, How do I make a userid access only a particular service like sftp? My linux is redhat ent 4. Thanks in advance for any advise. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

userid with nothing to do on the os/app

Hi All, I got this userid apache with the same userid and groupid and /sbin/nologin and the /www/a home folder is empty. Can I just delete this userid? How can I investigate if userid have something to do with the application? Thanks for any comment you may add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

9. Solaris

See who is logging in with a userid

Hi all. Quick question. How can I tell if someone is logging in to our unix servers with an application id and not their personal id? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

userid and pw

questions: a. where can I customized the password of userid in solaris? say I wanted 10digits long, all caps? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies
deliver(8)						      System Manager's Manual							deliver(8)

NAME
deliver - Delivers mail to an IMAP mailbox SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/deliver [-d] [-r address] [-f address] [-m mailbox] [-a auth-id] [-e] [-q] [-F flag]... [userid]... deliver -E days OPTIONS
Ignored for compatibility with /bin/mail Inserts a Return-Path: header containing address Inserts a Return-Path: header containing address Delivers to mailbox. If any userids are specified, attempts to deliver to user.userid.mailbox for each userid. If the access control list (ACL) on any such mailbox does not grant the sender the right to post mail (p right) or if -m is not specified, then delivers to the INBOX for the userid , regardless of the ACL on the INBOX. If no userids are specified, the deliver command attempts to deliver to mailbox. If the ACL on mailbox does not grant the sender the p right, the delivery fails. Specifies the authorization id of the sender. Defaults to "anonymous". Enables duplicate deliv- ery suppression. This suppresses delivery of the message to a mailbox if a message with the same message-id (or resent-message-id) is recorded as having already been delivered to the mailbox. Records the mailbox and message-id/resent-message-id of all successful deliveries. Delivers a message even when the receiving mailbox is over its quota. Sets the system option or keyword flag on the delivered message. Removes the duplicate delivery database of entries older than days. DESCRIPTION
The deliver command reads a message from the standard input and delivers it to one or more IMAP mailboxes. The deliver command reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf file. Depending on the setting of the reject8bit field in the imapd.conf file, deliver either rejects messages with 8-bit-set characters in the headers or changes these characters to X. FILE
Configuration file for the IMAP server SEE ALSO
Commands: cyradm(1), imapd(8), imapquota(8), reconstruct(8) Files: imapd.conf(4) deliver(8)