Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is the command to get name associated with userid? Post 302376705 by prashant43 on Wednesday 2nd of December 2009 05:15:19 AM
Old 12-02-2009
Question What is the command to get name associated with userid?

Hi,

1#what is the command to get name associated with userid?

2#I am using unix on Mainframes thru OMVS.
So any one know to to capture TSO command output to a variable on OMVS environment.

I tried with below script, but its not working!

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
output=$(tso whois PA1234)
echo "$output"

On shell the below command works:
/u>tso whois PA1234

Thanks
Prashant

Last edited by prashant43; 12-04-2009 at 12:59 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

validating userid

What's wrong with this syntax? It's part of my 'if' statement but it doesn't seem to pass and it keeps going to the 'else' part. I thought it says that userid must start with a non-numeric character and is between 6 and 10 characters long (alphanumeric). $userid|grep -Eq '^?\{6,10\}+$' if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date and userid

Hi I am trying to write a script to check the log files for the trancactions based on usr input date and user input user id. I will take the user input userid and user input date and check there are any creation deletion happened, if so mail it other wise say no transactions; I got user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
2 Replies

3. AIX

Issues with "SU - userid -c command" on system reboot

Hi All! My db2 is started in the AIX /etc/inittab on systemreboot as follows db3:2:once:su - db2inst3 -c db2start >/dev/console 2>1 I changed the .profile of db2inst3 to put an alias to the db2start command as follows alias db2start="/usr/bin/ksh /home/db2inst3/sample/db2start.ksh" When... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: voorkey
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

userid

I would like to know the difference between the real user-id and the effective user-id. If user-A runs a program owned by user-B then which is the real user-id and which is the effective user-id ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment userid in file

Hello, does anyone know how to increment a userid(number) written in any scripting language that works on a shell? For example: I have a HTML file in this format: userid: name: telephone: Every time I execute my script it adds the same fields, except with the userid incremented. Like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavu88
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Pls change my userid

Can you change my userid from "jdmower" to "jdmowrer". I dropped an r when registering. thanks Jim (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdmowrer
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

userid access only to a particular service

Hi All, How do I make a userid access only a particular service like sftp? My linux is redhat ent 4. Thanks in advance for any advise. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

userid with nothing to do on the os/app

Hi All, I got this userid apache with the same userid and groupid and /sbin/nologin and the /www/a home folder is empty. Can I just delete this userid? How can I investigate if userid have something to do with the application? Thanks for any comment you may add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

9. Solaris

See who is logging in with a userid

Hi all. Quick question. How can I tell if someone is logging in to our unix servers with an application id and not their personal id? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

userid and pw

questions: a. where can I customized the password of userid in solaris? say I wanted 10digits long, all caps? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies
WHOIS.CONF(5)							 Debian GNU/Linux						     WHOIS.CONF(5)

NAME
whois.conf - alternative WHOIS servers list for whois client SYNOPSIS
/etc/whois.conf DESCRIPTION
This file contains a list of WHOIS servers which can augment or override the built-in list of the client. It's a plain text file in ASCII encoding. Each line consists of two fields: a pattern to match WHOIS object identifier and a corresponding WHOIS server domain name. Fields are separated by non-empty sequence of space or a tabular characters. A line starting with a hash character is a free comment and it's not considered. The pattern is case-insensitive extended regular expression if whois client has been compiled with POSIX regular expressions support. Oth- erwise, simple case-insensitive suffix comparison against WHOIS object identifier is used. Internationalized domain names (IDN) must be specified in ascii-compatible encoding (ACE) format. EXAMPLE
.nz$ nz.whois-servers.net # Hangul Korean TLD .xn--3e0b707e$ whois.kr # Private ASNs ^as645(1[2-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-4])$ whois.example.net FILES
/etc/whois.conf SEE ALSO
whois(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Petr Pisa <ppisar@redhat.com> and is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or higher. Petr Pisa 9 April 2013 WHOIS.CONF(5)