Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Customer Service Post 302376566 by Phlak on Tuesday 1st of December 2009 06:12:39 PM
Old 12-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Frantkly , I do worry about the credibility of folks who only have one post in the forums and that post is a glowing review of a company.
I got a tweet from SliceHost acknowledging this post, read it and felt obliged to sign up and comment. In fact, I originally posted only about the credit card charge reversal and went back and edited the post because I felt obliged to back up your story on SH's service. However, it's very understandable to not hold my post credible being a first time poster.

Anyway, your last post about the Cisco vs Wellfleet is pretty awesome. It's amazing how big a difference one customer can make on an entire company and goes back to your original argument on how important things other than having the biggest and best machines/speed are important too.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Customer support engineer

Hi All, I need the help to deploy or implement HP MC service guard 2 node cluster step by step procedure is any1 who can help me to send me the step by step procedure. Thanks and Regards Jahangir (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jahangir
12 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Ubuntu 9.10 Setup

October 2010 Update: Linode Versus Slicehost – One Year Later A few days ago I posted Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Customer Service. At that time, I was going to cancel my account with Linode based on problems during the sign-up period. However, Linode asked me to give them another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

3. Android

Mini Review: Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.1) v. Nokia E63

Well, I've had my new Galaxy S around one day now and I must say, I am not sure if I regret buying it or not. Before buying it, I read a lot of reviews about the Galaxy S (e.g. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S review: From outer space), including reviews of problems with the GPS and some intermittent WiFi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
form_post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)