Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Authentication failed !
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Authentication failed ! Post 302376320 by ashok.g on Tuesday 1st of December 2009 07:01:29 AM
Old 12-01-2009
Ashok:x:516:516::/home/Ashok:/bin/bash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Authentication Failed Dialog Box on Redhat 4.7

For some reason i cannot login using root or other accounts on my Linux system. When logging in at the main console it says "Authentication failed" in a dialog box with an OK button. The Linux system is Redhat 4.7. I've already checked /etc/pam.d/login, /etc/security/access.conf and ... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatuser2012
27 Replies

4. Red Hat

Authentication Failed in Linux centos

Hi everyone ... ( Linux Cent OS ) i cant login as root user in my lab machine ... i did give correct root and root passwd ..but it showing Authentication Failed ... plz help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Authentication Failed

Hi everyone ... ( Linux Cent OS ) i cant login as root user in my lab machine ... i did give correct root and root passwd ..but it showing Authentication Failed ... plz help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Red Hat Cluster Luci Authentication Failed

Hello everyone, I'm setting up a cluster with 2 nodes using Red Hat enterprise 6.2 x86_64, 1 luci and 1 ricci for education purpose. Ricci is installed and already running and luci is installed and running but at the time of add and create the cluster through the web gui it give me a error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: typeav
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendemail Error - Authentication... failed

SCO Unix OpenServer v6. We use the script below for sending mass emails with attachments. sendemail -f $From_user -o message-file=/u/fg4/data/EmailDefaultBody.html -u $su bj -s $MAIL_SRVR -xu $MAIL_USER -xp $MAIL_PSWD -a $emlname.pdf -t $MAILTO MAIL_SVR=SMPTOUT.SECURESERVER.NET ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jet47
0 Replies

9. SuSE

Authentication with PAM

Hello all, I recently updated PAM policy files (pam_authz.policy) on HP-UX Servers with AD groups involving allowing and denying the certain groups.. Could anyone tell me what is the equivalent mechanism in SLES(Linux)? Is it possible to allow/deny AD group access with the SLES LDAP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcclaj0
0 Replies

10. Solaris

User authentication failed while log in Solaris 8 client on Linux NIS server.

Based on the NIS migration tests I did and another question I posted earlier on. https://www.unix.com/solaris/272021-solaris-8-md5-encryption-support.html I tried to downgrade NIS linux encryption to DES to support solaris connection. So I modified /etc/pam.d/system-auth as below, password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
0 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						    SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)