Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulating the etc/passwd file with sed Post 302376117 by Pauline mugisha on Monday 30th of November 2009 04:53:26 PM
Old 11-30-2009
I am a new sys admin. Wanted to know options.

Thnx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating awk $variables using sed?

I have been searching around the forums here trying to find a solution to my problem but not getting anywhere but closer to baldness. I have a 20 column pipe "|" seperated text file. The 14th variable doesnt always exist, but will have the format of YYYYMM or YYYY if it does. I need to take... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r0sc0
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Manipulating File

Help...please. I have a log that contains Warning Authentication Failed: User GHDT88998HS doesn't exit: The User GHDT88998HS could not be found Mar 22, 2008 5:22:22AM com.hometel.ttm.auth.userlogin. about maybe a thousand entries failed user acct message How can I grab just the username... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rivendell500
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help!! manipulating file

Hi all, I need help manipulating the file below. Here is what I needed to do. First, I have to replace INSUPD to DELETE. Then I need to change the content of the file around by flipping the contents in the file from the bottom to the top (start from "CMD") How should I attack this? Here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirrtuan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulating Fields in file using SED

Hi, I have two issues: I have one file say file1.dat and its over 3GB. It contains pipe delimited fields. The first line in the file is the header field which tells the column names etc. and from second line it's the data fileds with pipe delimited. Something like below: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script to manipulate the /etc/passwd file

Hi. Can anybody help me with a script to extract usernames, shell and home_directory from the /etc/passwd file. I am stuck (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a header file using awk or sed

Hi Guys, Is there a simple way of doing the below. Available<spaces>Assigned<spaces>Maximum<spaces>Maximum<spaces>Page<spaces>Total <spaces>Used<spaces>Pct<spaces>Max. Pct<CR> Space<spaces>Capacity<spaces>Extension<spaces>Reduction<spaces>Size<spaces>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a file

Hi everybody, I need an urgent help with a BASH script. I have file which contains (besides the other data) the lines with the following structure identified by with keyword PCList: <PARAMETER NAME="PCList" TYPE="LIST_STRUCTURE" MODEL="{,}" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameucho
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on manipulating a file

Hi, I need a shell/command to achieve this task. I've a delimited unloaded file from oracle in a scrambled format as shown below with many blank lines in it, I'm just trying to tailor it in a format that would be compatible to view and load it to a IDS db. Here is the problem ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: divak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a variable using sed (solved)

Hi, My variable has value as this: tvar1="bool_risk_enabled" Boolean "true" Now I need to replace this true with false. Which is the best way to do this? Can we do this with sed command? Please help me. ---------- Post updated at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:00 PM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravintse
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating xyz file with awk-if-else or sed

Hi forum, I am really hoping somebody can please help me here. I have a dataset in xyz format, with longitude as x, latitude as y and data readings as z. eg. 0 90 -8 1 90 23 2 90 -4 etc etc etc What i am looking to do is format the data so that x and y are untouched, however in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shlam16
2 Replies
myproxy-admin-change-pass(8)					      MyProxy					      myproxy-admin-change-pass(8)

NAME
myproxy-admin-change-pass - change credential passphrase SYNOPSIS
myproxy-admin-change-pass [ options ] DESCRIPTION
The myproxy-admin-change-pass command changes the passphrase used to encrypt a credential in the MyProxy repository. The command first prompts for the current passphrase for the credential, then prompts twice for the new passphrase. If an empty passphrase is given, the credential will not be encrypted. It accesses the repository directly and must be run on the machine where the myproxy-server(8) is installed from the account that owns the repository. OPTIONS
-h Displays command usage text and exits. -u Displays command usage text and exits. -s dir Specifies the location of the credential storage directory. The directory must be accessible only by the user running the myproxy- server process for security reasons. Default: /var/lib/myproxy or /var/myproxy or $GLOBUS_LOCATION/var/myproxy -l username Specifies the MyProxy account under which the credential should be stored. -k name Specifies the credential name. -S, --stdin_pass By default, the command prompts for a passphrase and reads the passphrase from the active tty. When running the command non-inter- actively, there may be no associated tty. Specifying this option tells the command to read passphrases from standard input without prompts or confirmation. EXIT STATUS
0 on success, >0 on error AUTHORS
See http://myproxy.ncsa.uiuc.edu/about for the list of MyProxy authors. SEE ALSO
myproxy-change-pass-phrase(1), myproxy-destroy(1), myproxy-info(1), myproxy-init(1), myproxy-logon(1), myproxy-retrieve(1), myproxy- store(1), myproxy-server.config(5), myproxy-admin-adduser(8), myproxy-admin-load-credential(8), myproxy-admin-query(8), myproxy-server(8) MyProxy 2009-12-1 myproxy-admin-change-pass(8)