Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) [launchd] Creating a basic firewall Post 302376093 by tlarkin on Monday 30th of November 2009 03:48:29 PM
Old 11-30-2009
Yeah looking into it further it seems a lot trickier than just a straight forward script....

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

interval in a launchd script

Hi, i'm planning a to automate my backup with a rsync user deamon in my launchd and let that run every 2 hours. my server contains a lot of video data which can expand rapidly , up to 1TB, in an interval of 2 hours. now i'm wondering what will happen when a rsync is running longer then the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wessel
1 Replies

2. Programming

Creating a basic UNIX shell script for chatting

Hey guys, This is quite simply what I'm trying to make: A program that runs in a UNIX terminal that you can output text messages to from another machine. These text messages would be prepended with a customized prompt. I'd also like to have the window spew out random dumps of flavor text not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Launchd-owned processes unexpected behavior

Ok, so I have been struggling with this for a few days and I think I need an explanation of a few things before I go any further. I'm not sure it's possible to do what I'm trying, so before I pull my hair out, here is what I'm doing: I have written a program in LiveCode that sits on our... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command when triggered by launchd

Hi folks, Im having trouble with an expect command in a shell script I use to back up mac os x servers. This one is being run on a 10.8.2 Server as part of a larger bash script. The script executes perfectly all the way through when triggered on the command line, but when launchd triggers it at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowie718
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

iptables nat/masquerade - how to act as a basic firewall?

edit: SOLVED - see below for solution Hi there, I've inherited a gob of Linux hosts and so am learning linux from the bottom of the deep end of the pool (gotta say I'm warming up to Linux though - it's not half bad) Right now iptables is confusing me and I could use some pointers as to how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
0 Replies
KF(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     KF(1)

NAME
kf -- securely forward tickets SYNOPSIS
kf [-p port | --port=port] [-l login | --login=login] [-c ccache | --ccache=ccache] [-F | --forwardable] [-G | --no-forwardable] [-h | --help] [--version] host ... DESCRIPTION
The kf program forwards tickets to a remote host through an authenticated and encrypted stream. Options supported are: -p port, --port=port port to connect to -l login, --login=login remote login name -c ccache, --ccache=ccache remote cred cache -F, --forwardable forward forwardable credentials -G, --no-forwardable do not forward forwardable credentials -h, --help --version kf is useful when you do not want to enter your password on a remote host but want to have your tickets one for example AFS. In order for kf to work you will need to acquire your initial ticket with forwardable flag, i.e. kinit --forwardable. telnet is able to forward tickets by itself. SEE ALSO
kinit(1), telnet(1), kfd(8) Heimdal July 2, 2000 Heimdal