Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Catch ctrl+d in C
Top Forums Programming Catch ctrl+d in C Post 302376078 by Corona688 on Monday 30th of November 2009 02:24:33 PM
Old 11-30-2009
I recently discovered the same thing myself. apparently it's supposed to work that way and changing that probably means messing with terminal settings. But even a normal shell does it: Run cat and type abcd^D. So I think it's just normal behavior behaving as normally does.

Last edited by Corona688; 11-30-2009 at 03:30 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Disable ctrl-c,ctrl-d,ctrl-d in ksh script

I wrote a ksh script for Helpdesk. I need to know how to disable ctrl-c,ctrl-z,ctrl-d..... so that helpdesk would not be able to get to system prompt :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching ctrl-C or ctrl-D

Hi there, I'm using HP-UX 11 machine. I am running a script, thats gonna take a long time to execute. When I press ctrl-c to come out of my script, I have to catch that signal(ctrl-c) and display that ctrl-c had been pressed. How can I do it. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to catch the exception

Dear friends, I am transferring some files to a windows system from Unix m/c thru FTP Script given below. echo "open $host quote USER $userid quote PASS $pwd $verbose $type cd $dir bin put $file close quit"|$ftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch the output

Hi All, I have a shell script for ex- #bin/ksh sqlplus user/pass << EOF select x from y; EOF my question is can I store the value of x in a variable in unix program so that i can user that value in shell script..... additionally after catching the value i want to perform some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z causing exit the session

H! I have written script where it need to invoke the perl script in background, then write the pid in temp file then bring back the job to foreground. whenever the Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z is pressed in the script has to exit and prompt should be dispalyed. but this script causing exit from shell session... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
2 Replies

6. Programming

help with C try catch

can someone give me an example of try catch in C, everytime i do it under the main, i get some try undeclared error, and dont know how to fix it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
3 Replies

7. AIX

Catch Zombie Process

Hi All, Anyone have any shell script to capture the zombie process, as according to the support they need the real time zombie PID, they only provide the kdb (0) > p* |grep -i defunct (0) > p * | grep <hex pid> But this is doesn't seem easy to catch the zombie as it is not always... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckwan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle CTRL+Z or CTRL+C in shells script?

Hi, while executing shell script, in the middle of the process, if we kill the shell script( ctrl+z or ctrl+c), script will be killed and the files which using for the script will be in the folder. How to handle those scenarios. Is there any possibilities, if user breaks the script, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J for newline character does not work inside vi editor

Hi friends, I am trying to add a newline char ('\n') between the query and the commit statement in the following shell script. #! /bin/sh echo "select * from tab; commit;" > data.sql I have tried typing in "Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J" combination which has inserted ^@ (NUL) character but the commit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of keyboard inputs..like Ctrl+d and Ctrl+a

Hi..! I'm stuck with my automation of starting a process and keeping it running even after the current ssh session has exited.. So i'm trying to use command 'screen'. which is doing exactly what i wanted, But the problem is automation of the same. i will have to press Ctrl+a and Ctrl+d for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
2 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)