Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doubt on Linux console
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Doubt on Linux console Post 302376026 by Corona688 on Monday 30th of November 2009 11:14:14 AM
Old 11-30-2009
I'm not sure what you're asking. It doesn't sound like this has anything to do with a linux console. Are you talking about the bootloader?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting up linux to Console

How do i start linux without going straight into X window enviroment, but into the console instead, and also, how do i get back in ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stealthdestroyr
2 Replies

2. Linux

Why is linux console window in VMWare so small?

I install linux in VMWare, but Its console window is too small, Its size is 80*25, I can't change it even though I use full srceen mode in VMWare.How can I do? please help me! Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChaoZhang
3 Replies

3. Linux

Doubt about programs for testing Linux performance

Hello friends, I'm working on a Thesis and right now I'm in a phase of comparing a Linux vs Windows performance in similar situations on the same machine. I'm asking here because I would like help on this, since I've always worked in Linux as an Administrator and a user, never as a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lzcool
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Linux console

Dear All, I have some Linux Servers in Data Center. I can access those servers through Telent or Putty. But If i want to work on the console I cannot do that. How to configure Console access for my Linux Server , So that I can work on the Console if it goes in to Single User mode. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

6. Programming

Linux kernel code syntax doubt

I have found some definitions as below, can anyone explain me what it means and why it is being used this way please. asmlinkage void __sched schedule(void) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

doubt in NFS mounted filesystem in linux

Hi, I have some filesystem which is nfs mounted and shared to other servers. Nfs server name= nfsserver (here filesystem is locally mounted) server name where filesystem is shared = sharedserver1 and sharedserver2 filesystem which is shared = /filesystem1 when i am checking utilization by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to iSCSI boot from linux console?

I need boot any images from iSCSI and I'd like to boot from linux console of a previous LiveCD booted. Is possible, without gpxe, ipxe firmware or similar? With a simple iSCSI initiator for example? You (accidentally?) posted in the Homework-section of the forum, where special rules apply. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spark2k06
0 Replies

9. Linux

Linux extacting msg from script to console

how to get the outout from script to console. i am running one script msg.sh using cron job every suday midnight. as soon as i logged in i want to see the staus is service started or service failed on console. what command i need to add to script ? msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the messages from the script to console in Linux?

msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo "starting service" else echo " service not started" echo " Please check the start.sh file or manuly start the service" fi if i login with root credentials @12.36.34.123 with passwd username:root passwd:abc once i login into linux pc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
6 Replies
UPDATE-BOOTLOADER(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      UPDATE-BOOTLOADER(1)

NAME
update-bootloader - update/change bootloader configuration using Bootloader::Tools perl module SYNOPSIS
update-bootloader [operation] [options] operation is one of --add, --remove or --refresh. valid options are --help, --man, --image <file>, --initrd <file>, --xen-kernel <file>, --xen, --default, --previous, --name <string>, --force, --force-default. DESCRIPTION
update-bootloader will let you modify your bootloader configuration using Bootloader::Tools perl module. OPERATIONS
--add add an new image section. Needs a call to --refresh to take effect. --remove remove the specified image section. Needs a call to --refresh to take effect. --refresh activate the new config e.g. write boot loader to disk PARAMETER
--help Print a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. --image file specify path to kernel image --initrd file specify path to initrd file --xen specify that you what to add a xen and not a regular image section --xen-kernel file specify that you what to add a xen section with a specific image. Implies --xen option. --default let the new section to be added be the default section if appropriate. Only allowed together with --add operation --previous set some usuable defaults for image, initrd and name when --name string specify the name of the section to be added/removed --force dont complain, just do the right thing --force-default force the new section to be added to be the default section. Only allowed together with --add operation perl v5.12.1 2010-04-22 UPDATE-BOOTLOADER(1)