Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO box loosing network connection Post 302375975 by rpcbrielle on Monday 30th of November 2009 09:32:17 AM
Old 11-30-2009
Thanks for the response.

I don't pretend to be a UNIX guru, unfortunately. But next time it goes down, I will stop/start and see what results I get.
I will def be in touch!
Thank you so much Smilie
Ralph

---------- Post updated at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:11 AM ----------

Well, everyone was booted from thier term emulator sessions again. While it was down I shutdown and restarted tcp from the console and we were still not able to login.
I also ran '#crash' --- >strstat |more and got a report.
I don't know how to retrieve it though, sorry.
I've also gotten data from typing netstat -im, -in, -rn
It states: SIOCGIFALL: out of stream resourse, as well as 'class 6, fail 290.
Don't know what it all means.
Please help.
Ralph

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Imaging of SCO-UNIX box

Does anyone know of any good imaging tools that can be used to create an image of a Sco-Unix box? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmrfh1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network standalone Unix box

I am using the Linksys router as my hub to network my Win 2000 PC and Unix box to the cable modem. However, I can only get connection for my Win 2000 PC. The Unix box was able to get connection initially (yesterday) but when I reboot the machine this morning, the network went dead. What did I do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: conflansun
6 Replies

3. Solaris

putting a solaris box on my network

I have a network, which consists of 3 windows machines, how would i get my solaris box onto this nextwork? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: possuman72
15 Replies

4. Solaris

Getting a solaris x86 box on my network.

How would i get my solaris 10 box to run on my network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: possuman72
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mail command on sco box

Hello, Can anyone tell me why the command below will not work on a SCO box, but does fine on aix, suse boxes. Thanks. echo "test" | mail -s "Test" test@test.com Course the email address I just faked out for sample purpose. I see from the it gives the following error below. I also changed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
0 Replies

6. SCO

I need a box to run SCO 3.2 5.0.5 i386 with...

need it to be able to run Seagate STT8000A tape drive. Any suggestions where to go. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Gomes
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Establishing remote connection to a Xserver from a UNIX Box

Hello Guys , I have been working on a script where we are looking to connect a remote Xserver from a Unix box. Once a connection is made , i need to run several commands on remote machine to check various stuffs. As per my knowledge on unix (which is like a drop in ocean) , i found SSH as a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu sood
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Tcp Socket (Connection refused) to my server box

I installed a fresh copy of Solaris 7 and present up my ip and domain for my web services but when I try to connect to it I get the following error; TCPActiveOpen: connect failed tcp/192.168.1.148/7900: 146 (Connection refused). the port is open in my router but I don't no were to add it in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Loosing connection after authentication

Hi! I am having a problem when logging in on a solaris 10 server, after typing one or two commands, I lose connectivity, with the following message: server unexpectedly closed network connection I have checked the following: grep `uname -n` /etc/inet/hosts /etc/inet/ipnodes... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

10. AIX

Temporarily lose connection to AIX box

Hello All, I have a strange problem and I'm hoping someone can help. I honestly don't know where else to look. I have a number of AIX boxes in my environment and for some reason I would periodically lose connectivity to all services (except ping) to one of my boxes. It happens sporadically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)