Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check whether logs are updating or not? Post 302375858 by mail2sant on Monday 30th of November 2009 12:29:57 AM
Old 11-30-2009
How to check whether logs are updating or not?

how to check whether logs are updating or not in unix

is there any built in command or function ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is it possible to check logs in UNIX who deleted the files?

Hello, is it possible to check logs in UNIX who deleted the files? Is there logs in UNIX besides .sh_history? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: james_falco
1 Replies

2. Solaris

logs to check

Hi all i want to know what are the logs we need to check when the server is down and how to resolve to make server UP? please help me with this (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkav
8 Replies

3. Solaris

archive logs mount point space check script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check logs

I have 5 log files under different directores . say for eg abc under /home/dir1 , xyz under home/dir2 . is there a script that i can run from say /home that searchers all these files for string or combination of strings and write to a file eg search file by timestamp|keyword o/p in a file (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Logs That Are Updating

Hello all. I am new to this forum and also very new to using grep - so please excuse me if this question is not in the correct forum and/or is not pertinent to this website. I use greps like this: gunzip -c L:\System1\SailLogger_20071019* L:\System2\SailLogger_20071019*... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl2013
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check for updation/error/stuck of logs

Hi All, I'm a newbie in Linux Programming.:) Got some 500 processes running and I have around 20-30 logs updating for every 2mins on a server. The logs which i'm referring usually contains book name,run ids(not PID's),process name etc etc. I'm interested in finding out whether some particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nand Kishor
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check logs

I have nearly 25+ tail commands which we need to verify the logs if there is any errors on current or previous date with time. I need this to be automate and send email to me with details. Please help me on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nasir HussainSM
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any utility or tool to check logs

HI, In our project daily we need to check for some errors in around 45-50 folders. Please let me know if there is any utility tool using which 1 can check each folder and file for error. Use: Monday we are checking if there were any error in files generated on Monday Tuesday to Wednesday we... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankush_mehra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check response time from nginx logs

Hi, My goal is to monitor the response time from the access logs of nginx server. I am using gawk to print the needed fields - 'response time' and 'name of the service' from nginx logs. Command: gawk '($6 ~ /cloudservice/) {print $10, $6}' access.log Output: 0.645 /nc/cloudservice... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nshah11
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if a file is open and in use (logs are being written to it)

Hello Experts, I need to write a shell script to check if a file is open and something is being written to it. I want to know how OS handles it. I checked with lsof command but it is not working. For a test I did this. while true; do echo `date` >>abc.txt; done then I checked lsof |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
5 Replies
GETBUILDLOG(1)                                                General Commands Manual                                               GETBUILDLOG(1)

NAME
getbuildlog - download build logs from Debian auto-builders SYNOPSIS
getbuildlog package [version-pattern] [architecture-pattern] DESCRIPTION
getbuildlog downloads build logs of package from Debian auto-builders. It downloads build logs of all versions and for all architectures if version-pattern and architecture-pattern are not specified or empty, otherwise only build logs whose versions match version-pattern and build logs whose architectures match architecture-pattern will be downloaded. The version and architecture patterns are interpreted as extended regular expressions as described in grep(1). If version-pattern is "last" then only the logs for the most recent version of package found on buildd.debian.org will be downloaded. If version-pattern is "last-all" then the logs for the most recent version found on each build log index will be downloaded. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show usage information and examples. -V, --version Show version and copyright information. EXAMPLES
getbuildlog hello 2.2-1 amd64 Download amd64 build log for hello version 2.2-1. getbuildlog glibc "" mips.* Download mips(el) build logs of all glibc versions. getbuildlog wesnoth .*bpo.* Download all build logs of backported wesnoth versions. AUTHOR
Written by Frank S. Thomas <fst@debian.org>. DEBIAN Debian Utilities GETBUILDLOG(1)