Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Raidz displays incorrect size Post 302375616 by PatrickBaer on Saturday 28th of November 2009 01:18:49 PM
Old 11-28-2009
Installed once more, this time on two disks, zfs mirror.

Now it silently crashes right after loading the areca drivers...

I'm gonna set it up on a single disk now and hopefully it will work as long as I will stay in this company. If it doesn't work again, I'll go back to the hardware raid.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Displays

I have a TV and a monitor hooked up to my box. Right now the system is displaying all the information on the TV instead of the monitor, obviously I want to switch this, as the TV is very impracticle for everything other than watching movies. I thought I remembered a command I used to use that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Dual Displays HP-UX 10.20

Hello All! Where I work we have C3600's that have a video cards that have both DVI and Regular RBG type monitor ports on them. My question is: is it possible to spread my desktop across two monitors that are plugged into the one card much like you can do with NVIDIA software like NVIEW for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giftedone
0 Replies

3. Linux

Hostname displays incorrectly

hiii, in many of the linux machines i have tried this but the result is the same everywhere. if there are double letters in a hostname then that is displayed as single letter. e.g. if hostname is set to nepttune then login into the shell will display : NEPTUNE(admin)@/ $ hostname... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
15 Replies

4. AIX

who -r displays no output

Hello. I have an AIX machine at 6100-00. We had some strange activity since filling up /tmp. One symptom is that who -r displays no output. It doesn't hang just no output is displayed. We are going to boot the machine, but prior to that I'd like to dig a bit to see what may be causing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maficdan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

swap displays differently

A new x86 server was installed with 16G of memory. The swap space assigned in the prtvtoc is also 16G. But after the installation of the OS and verifying, noticed df -k output for swap shows as 30G. Other systems do not have this characteristic. Whats wrong in here?:eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ZFS Raidz not redundant?

My ZFS on debian media server just died in a power outage, the zpool status shows this: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM tank UNAVAIL 0 0 0 insufficient replicas raidz1 UNAVAIL 0 0 0 corrupted data sda ONLINE 0 0 0 sdb ONLINE 0 0 0 sdf ONLINE 0 0 0 sdh ONLINE 0 0 0 sdi ONLINE 0 0 0 sdk ONLINE 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastersarg
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -l displays size in KB, MB, GB?

Hi, ls -l displays the long listing of a file in 8 fields. Query: ------ Does ls -l display the filename size in KB or MB or GB? -rwxrwxr-x 1 xx dba 655 May 22 06:27 time Here 655 is KB or MB or GB? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

8. Solaris

iSCSI disk showing incorrect size

Hi, I have a very frustrating issue! I hope you guys can assist When a disk is presented out the iSCSI target display a lower disk capacity SOLARIS VERSION is SOLARIS 10 05/09 Kernel Patch 139555-31 ISCSI Patch 119090-31, 141878-11 Unix Commands To discover Target bash-3.00# i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitalexall
0 Replies

9. Solaris

ls -l displays output with an error

when i use ls command it works normal but when i using additional parameter with ls like ls -l , ls -a... it shows a error followed by the output. # ls -l ./hgfs: Operation not applicable total 12861 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jun 1 21:12 1 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displays the text upward

I need to print out text from a file in the console up, you know someone like that? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
8 Replies
vxsplitlines(1M)														  vxsplitlines(1M)

NAME
vxsplitlines - show disks with conflicting configuration copies in a cluster SYNOPSIS
vxsplitlines [-g diskgroup] [-c daname] DESCRIPTION
If you import portions of a disk group on different systems, this can lead to conflicting configuration copies on the disks of the disk group. If the configuration information in a disk group is ambiguous, it may not be possible for Veritas Volume Manager to determine which config- uration copy is most up-to-date. (This is usually termed a serial split brain (SSB) condition when it occurs in a cluster.) You cannot import a disk group in this state unless you specify which disk's configuration copy to use. You can use the vxsplitlines command to see which disks in a disk group have conflicting configuration copies, and use this information together with your knowledge of the history of the disk groups' usage to determine which configuration copy is most valid. The output from vxsplitlines displays the vxdg commands that you can run to import the disk group using the available configuration copies. The -o selectcp option of the vxdg import command is used to select the configuration copy to use for the import. OPTIONS
-c daname Display the SSB IDs for each disk that are stored in the configuration copy on the disk specified by its disk access name. Note: Although the SSB IDs for some disks may match, this does not necessarily mean that those disks' configuration copies have recorded all the configuration changes. When viewed from some other configuration copies, the SSB IDs of the same disks may not match. -g diskgroup Specifies the disk group. If a disk group is not specified, the default disk group is used as determined from the rules on the vxdg(1M) manual page. EXAMPLES
Display the disks on each side of the split in the disk group newdg: vxsplitlines -g newdg Display the SSB IDs stored in the configuration copy on disk c2t4d0: vxsplitlines -g newdg -c c2t4d0 NOTES
The vxsplitlines is primarily intended to be used with private disk groups, but it also works with shared disk groups. The version number of the disk group must be 110 or greater. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxsplitlines(1M)