Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arrange Data in table and send by mail Post 302375589 by durden_tyler on Saturday 28th of November 2009 11:09:33 AM
Old 11-28-2009
Code:
$
$ cat -n f5
     1  Parameter1 Parameter2
     2  AA 55
     3  BB 77
$
$ cat -n f5.pl
     1  #!/usr/bin/perl -w
     2  open(IN, "f5") or die "Can't open f5: $!";
     3  printf("%s\n","-"x31);
     4  while(<IN>) {
     5    chomp;
     6    ($t1,$t2) = split;
     7    if ($. == 1) {
     8      $fmt = "|  %10s  |  %10s  |\n".("-"x31)."\n";
     9    } else {
    10      $fmt = "|  %10s  |  %10d  |\n".("-"x31)."\n";
    11      $sum += $t2;
    12    }
    13    printf($fmt,$t1,$t2);
    14  }
    15  printf("|       Total = %3d           |\n",$sum);
    16  printf("%s\n","-"x31);
    17  close(IN) or die "Can't close f5: $!";
$
$ perl f5.pl
-------------------------------
|  Parameter1  |  Parameter2  |
|          AA  |          55  |
|          BB  |          77  |
|       Total = 132           |
$
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail using Mailx with data from oracle table

Hi, i need to send emails to the mail ids i receive using the sql query . SELECT L.ALARM_DEF,L.CRITERIA,L.DISTANCE_METRE,L.EMAIL,L.LAC_ID,L.LAST_CHECK,L.RANGE, L.RESOURCE_MSISDN,LM.ADDRESS,LM.NAME FROM LANDMARK_ALARM_CONF l, LANDMARK lm WHERE L.LANDMARK_ID=LM.LANDMARK_ID AND... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command - send mail as table format

I have to send a couple of rows that have been returned from a SQL query. I have written the output of the query to a file and while i try to print this in the mail body the formatting goes wrong. Intended Output in mail body: Col1 Col2 Col3 ------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take Data From a table and send it through mail

Hi can anyone help me in writing a code for taking data from a table and need to send that data through mail using mail -x command.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Represent the data in table format as in mail content

hi all, I want to Represent the data in table format in mail content sample data should be like this...but i m trying to send this table to mail using unix command...hw do i do????even i echoed the table contents ...doesnt work.... help me <table style="background-color:lightblue;">... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange data in table

Hello All, I have following data into my file named record. Name City phone number email Jhon Newyork 123456987 jhon@gmail.com Maria Texas 569865612 Maria_Sweet@rediffmail.com Chan Durben NA Chan123@gmail.com |---------------------------------------------------------------| |Name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange data in table

Hello All, I have following data into my file named record. Name City phone number email Jhon Newyork 123456987 jhon@gmail.com Maria Texas 569865612 Maria_Sweet@rediffmail.com Chan Durben NA Chan123@gmail.com The output should be in straight columns.. There should not be any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want query output to send on mail using table tag and output should be in table

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
21 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Table to send mail

I have two details to send in html email, two details present in variables, Processname & date which I need to send html email in table. Column1 is Processname: Process1 & column 2 is date:16/6/16 4:55 AM I have below basic html code, how to create table in html to send mail echo "<html>" >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rozee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Data to MySQL Table Columns

I have two scripts, each script reads an individual data file and copies specific lines of data and sends to MySQL table. Only difference is, each script sends data to a separate column on the same DB. I want to use one script to populate DB table and have data look horizontal, with no overlapping.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SysAdminRialto
3 Replies
MHMAIL(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								 MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)