Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Can't update or use package manager -- gpg error Post 302375462 by tuxsun1 on Friday 27th of November 2009 09:49:21 PM
Old 11-27-2009
Have you tried:

Code:
sudo -i

apt-get update

I know you said you've tried, apt-get update, so I'm fishing here.

Also, check your system clock. Make sure the date and time are correct.

I'll keep looking... I"m curious how to correct this authentication issue... in case I ever have this problem.

Please let us know when you find a solution.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Package Manager problem

i'm trying to run Patch Manager, but i'm getting the following problem when i try and run "pprosvc" with either the -l, -d, or -i options. Assessing patches needed for your system...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 Software Package Manager

Hi there, maybe one of you knows the software package tool during the installation of solaris 10. You are able to choose an installtion and customize it with pressing F4 .... a very nice list occurs where you can select packages like apache, ssh and so on ... Is it possible to start this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drexler76
0 Replies

3. Debian

apt-get package manager capability

Hi List, Recently I was doing some toubleshooting installing a package on a Redhat 6 machine using the the installer script which came with that package and I got an error message telling me that a file was missing indicating that I had to google for the dependancies and install them before this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install from synaptic package manager

i am not able to install anything from package manager . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which Package Manager?

I came across a number of apparent tarballs of OS packages which are in a format which I do not recognize. Does anybody know which packet manager uses this format? # ls pkg_cfiles pkg_data pkg_data32 pkg_data64 pkg_info pkg_scripts pkg_signature # cat pkg_info PACKAGE=8.2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpmurphy
3 Replies
RPMSIGN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMSIGN(8)

NAME
rpmsign - RPM Package Signing SYNOPSIS
rpm --addsign|--resign PACKAGE_FILE ... rpm --delsign PACKAGE_FILE ... DESCRIPTION
Both of the --addsign and --resign options generate and insert new signatures for each package PACKAGE_FILE given, replacing any existing signatures. There are two options for historical reasons, there is no difference in behavior currently. rpm --delsign PACKAGE_FILE ... Delete all signatures from each package PACKAGE_FILE given. USING GPG TO SIGN PACKAGES In order to sign packages using GPG, rpm must be configured to run GPG and be able to find a key ring with the appropriate keys. By default, rpm uses the same conventions as GPG to find key rings, namely the $GNUPGHOME environment variable. If your key rings are not located where GPG expects them to be, you will need to configure the macro %_gpg_path to be the location of the GPG key rings to use. If you want to be able to sign packages you create yourself, you also need to create your own public and secret key pair (see the GPG manual). You will also need to configure the rpm macros %_gpg_name The name of the "user" whose key you wish to use to sign your packages. For example, to be able to use GPG to sign packages as the user "John Doe <jdoe@foo.com>" from the key rings located in /etc/rpm/.gpg using the executable /usr/bin/gpg you would include %_gpg_path /etc/rpm/.gpg %_gpg_name John Doe <jdoe@foo.com> %__gpg /usr/bin/gpg in a macro configuration file. Use /etc/rpm/macros for per-system configuration and ~/.rpmmacros for per-user configuration. Typically it's sufficient to set just %_gpg_name. SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmkeys(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec(8), rpmsign --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc RPMSIGN(8)