Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX default on /etc/security/passwd of flags Post 302375289 by zaxxon on Friday 27th of November 2009 06:42:10 AM
Old 11-27-2009
I would go for the default: stanza in /etc/security/user and add "flag =" there and try out if it works for you.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

default passwd

How do I set a default password in sco unix? Because I'm writing a script to add users. Therefore, I need to set a default password and then force them to change it the first time they log in,,,so, I want to know the syntax to include it in my script... thankx... note: I already check the man... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johis
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/default/passwd

Hi, I am trying to set some password settings in my unix (System V Release 5) unix. Currently i have the following settings for /etc/default/passwd PASSREQ=yes PASSLENGTH=7 MAXWEEKS=8 MINWEEKS=0 WARNWEEKS=1 MAXRETRY=5 HISTORY=5 According to above settings the password... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skneeli
1 Replies

3. AIX

I want to read username and lastupdate only from /etc/security/passwd and write the s

Hi All, As i asked you in my previous post, I want to read username and lastupdate only from /etc/security/passwd and write the same data to another file: The data in /etc/security/passwd will be in this form for example: smith: password = MGURSj.F056Dj lastupdate = 623078865 flags =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
0 Replies

4. AIX

How do I read username and lastupdate attribute values from /etc/security/passwd

Hi, How do I read username and lastupdate attribute values from /etc/security/passwd file and write the obtained data to another file. The data in the new file should be in this format as shown: avins:12345 root:45234 xyza:23423 Plese let me know this ASAP Thanks, Haroon (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
3 Replies

5. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

6. AIX

Default /etc/passwd file

Hello All, Can anyone post the default /etc/passwd file for AIX? I would like to compare with an existing machine of mine and want to identify what are the default users that are created when the O/S is installed. In other words I would like to see the system users in AIX. Not the ones created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
1 Replies

7. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies
dialups(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups, d_passwd - dialup security control DESCRIPTION
and are used to control the dialup security feature of (see login(1)). If is present, the first word on each line is compared with the name of the line upon which the login is being performed (including the as returned by (see ttyname(3C)). If the login is occurring on a line found in dialup security is invoked. Anything after a space or tab is ignored. When dialup security is invoked, requests an additional password, and checks it against that found in The command name found in the ``pro- gram to use as shell'' field of is used to select the password to be used. Each entry in consists of three fields, separated by colons. The first is the command name, matching an entry in The second is the encrypted password to be used for dialup security for those users logging in to use that program. The third is commentary, but the second colon is required to delimit the end of the password. A null password is designated with two adjacent colons. The entry for is used if no other entry matches the command name taken from FILES
dial-in tty lines passwords SEE ALSO
login(1), passwd(4). dialups(4)