Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Moving the files based on count and time. Post 302375116 by Jidma on Thursday 26th of November 2009 01:52:26 PM
Old 11-26-2009
Something like :

Code:
while [ `find $path1 -type file` -gt 0 ]
do
  beforeS=$(date +"%S")
  beforeM=$(date +"%M")
  beforeH=$(date +"%H")
  before=`expr $beforeS + beforeM * 60 + beforeH * 3600`
  find $path1 -type file | head -1000 | while read file
  do
     mv $file $path2
  done
  afterS=$(date +"%S")
  afterM=$(date +"%M")
  afterH=$(date +"%H")
  after=`expr $afterS + afterM * 60 + afterH * 3600`
  diff=$(($after-$before))
  remaining=`expr 3600 - $diff` #remaining in seconds
  [ $remaining -gt 0 ] && sleep $remaining
done

not tested though, and also wouldn't work if say the script is launched around midnight.. need to add the days, month and years in the calculation.
good luck.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files based on creation date

Howdy, I'm trying to figure out how to move multiple files based on their creation date. If anyone can enlighten me it would be most appreciated!! Thanks! :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgoyea
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files which are generating time to time

Hi all, I always getting great response from this forum, that why i am putting again.... I am working in a company which is giving ATM support.In one of my production server a lot of files are getting generated every day. I want to move these files to another name. The file name which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files based on condition

hi i have to move files and send an email and attached the bad files to inform the developer about that. #!/bin/ksh BASE_DIR=/data/SrcFiles cd $BASE_DIR ## finding the files from work directory which are changed in 1 day find -type f -name "*.csv" –ctime 0 > /home/mydir/flist.txt ##... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: awais290
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving multiple files based on the pattern

I want to search for a particular file name patterns and move them to a specific folder, is it possible to do it with awk or sed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from one directory to another based on 2 date variables

Hi All, I am currently coding for a requirement(LINUX OS) where I am supposed to move a file (Lets Call it Employee.txt) from Directory A to Directory B based on 2 date fields as below, Date_Current = 20120620 Date_Previous = 20120610 Source Directory : /iis_data/source Target... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script moving files based on date

Hi, I need a script that moves files based on date to a folder. The folder should be created based on file date. Example is : Date file name ----- -------- Oct 08 07:39 10112012_073952.xls Oct 09 07:39 10112012_073952.xls Oct 10 07:39 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockingvj
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files based on file creation

Hi, I have a directory having so many number of files. Now I want to move the files which are older than one month (lets say) from this directory to another directory (say BKP dir). Simply, if file is olderthan one month move it from source1 dir to BKP1 dir. My file names doesn't have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files based on size (string to integer)

I have a log file that I want to archive out as it reaches 100MB. I am using the following to get the file size into a variable but get the error "line 5: filesize=$(wc -c < logfile.log) if then echo "is greater than 100M" else echo "is less than 100M" fi I'm sure there's something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flakman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files based on file name

Hi All, I have multiple files in the folder, I want to move those files into the other folder on based of name File names: Template_server1_01==> Template_server1_02==>To one directory /Server1 Template_server1_03==> Template_server2_01==> Template_server2_02==>To one... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving old files based on pattern

Hi all I am trying to loop through a directory of files using a given search pattern. some of the files will be duplicated due to the pattern, but of the duplicate files i wanted to move the older files to another location. Is there any straightforward way of doing this ? One of ways I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sthapa
1 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)