Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Blocking File Uploads with Squid Post 302375092 by fpmurphy on Thursday 26th of November 2009 12:14:31 PM
Old 11-26-2009
Assuming that you have placed the directives in the correct place in the config file ...

You are only blocking one type of MIME attachment. There are many others. Also most MINE types have additional parameters and thus you use of ^ and $ are preventing a match.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Blocking file read

There are many processes writing to log files at random times (they are all programmed in different manners and can not be altered). I am writing a new c program which should read from the log files whenever they are updated. At the moment it is just spooling, waiting for a change in file size, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubathy
2 Replies

2. Linux

vsftpd hiding partial uploads

Is there any mechanism within vsftpd to hide partially uploaded files, ie give them a hidden file name. Pro ftp has this option with the hidden stor option in the configuration file. If there is no such feature how do I go about requesting that the vsftpd developers create this option or is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhod22
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitor daily file uploads

hey all, i am a shell scripting n00b so bear with me. i got a server that every night uploads one file to a remote server. the file is prodserver_date_time. i would like to make a script, run by root on a daily cron job. i want it to determine if the file was received or not. no md5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jweinraub
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and check uploads

Hi, In suhosin php hardening patch there is an option of scanning uploaded files via php or web. upload verification_script ============================== * Type: String * Default: This defines the full path to a verification script for uploaded files. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Blocking HTTP tunnel in squid proxy 2.5

Does any one know how to block HTTP Tunnel in squid proxy server. Pls reply (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Removing Lines from File / Blocking internet connection

Hey all. I am trying to write some scripts and need some assistance. One: I already have a script that appends lines to a file. I need a script that will remove those lines from that file, and have no idea how to go about doing this. Just need the command (if any) that can remove lines. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dysruption
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Blocking sites with squid

Hi i have created a proxy with squid and i need to block all domains of yahoo let's say . i have to configure squid.conf but idk how.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0dlik3
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Squid vs iptables = no Squid access.log?

Hello, I have a pretty useless satellite link at home (far from any civilization), so I wanted to set up caching in order to speed things up. My Squid 2.6 runs "3128 transparent" and is set up quite well on a separate machine. I also have my dd-wrt router to move all port 80 traffic through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theWojtek
0 Replies

9. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies
Log::Dispatch::Email(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Log::Dispatch::Email(3)

NAME
Log::Dispatch::Email - Base class for objects that send log messages via email SYNOPSIS
package Log::Dispatch::Email::MySender use Log::Dispatch::Email; use base qw( Log::Dispatch::Email ); sub send_email { my $self = shift; my %p = @_; # Send email somehow. Message is in $p{message} } DESCRIPTION
This module should be used as a base class to implement Log::Dispatch::* objects that send their log messages via email. Implementing a subclass simply requires the code shown in the SYNOPSIS with a real implementation of the "send_email()" method. CONSTRUCTOR
The constructor takes the following parameters in addition to the standard parameters documented in Log::Dispatch::Output: o subject ($) The subject of the email messages which are sent. Defaults to "$0: log email" o to ($ or @) Either a string or a list reference of strings containing email addresses. Required. o from ($) A string containing an email address. This is optional and may not work with all mail sending methods. o buffered (0 or 1) This determines whether the object sends one email per message it is given or whether it stores them up and sends them all at once. The default is to buffer messages. METHODS
o send_email(%p) This is the method that must be subclassed. For now the only parameter in the hash is 'message'. o flush If the object is buffered, then this method will call the "send_email()" method to send the contents of the buffer and then clear the buffer. o DESTROY On destruction, the object will call "flush()" to send any pending email. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.12.1 2009-09-22 Log::Dispatch::Email(3)