Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot copy files using mget
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cannot copy files using mget Post 302375042 by methyl on Thursday 26th of November 2009 07:44:52 AM
Old 11-26-2009
Further to Jim Mcnamara. The remote filenames appear to be invalid. To work out where they went you need to know the actual filename.
However: This might reveal them.
Code:
ls -la .??*

Can you get a a normal unix directory listing of the files on the remote server? I don't think that the "dir" in ftp is telling the whole story.
e.g. To show funny characters in filenames:

Code:
ls -la directory_name | sed -n l

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where are "get/mget" files stored?

From telnet, I ftped into a remote server. When using mget or get, where are the downloaded files stored? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mget * (obtein files from current directory but not the files form sub-directories)

Hello, Using the instruction mget (within ftp) and with "Interactive mode off", I want to get all files from directory (DirAA), but not the files in sub-directories. The files names don't follow any defined rule, so they can be just letters without (.) period Directory structure example: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peter321
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - ftp downloading serveral files without mget

Hello guys, i'm searching for a solution how to download all files from root-directory of an ftp-server through an ftp proxy getting through the ftp proxy and download one file with get ist no problem, but mget * does nothing! ftp -n -i -v <<EOF open proxyHost proxyPort user... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: macProgger23
19 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget new files only

Hi all, I am currently in the process of setting up an FTP server with limited knowledge :p. I have run into an issue that i need some help with. Basically i want to be able to download files off another remote server twice a day every day but i want to make sure it only downloads new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mget issue: not transferring more than 2 files

I am trying to transfer about 3000 files from a window platfrom to my linux server. the scrip is pretty simple ftp to the source server (windows) cd to source directory lcd to destination directory mget *.jpg what I get in the log file is: mget 07421001.jpg? 200 PORT command successful.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doveman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a list of files retrieved from MGET

Is there a way to create a txt file with the names of the files I retreive using mget *.file. I want to use this file as input to a delete command. Using HP-UX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagf
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with get/mget from FTP server with files older than 10 minutes

Hi! I am new to unix and this forum as well.. Can someone please help me : I want to "get/mget" files which are older than 10 minutes from a remote FTP server like "ftp.com". After getting the files to local unix server say "Prod.com" , i need to delete only those files from ftp.com which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP mget will only grab files not folders

Hey All, first post :rolleyes: So I am writting a script to pull down files from an ftp that will be called from a bat file on windows. This seems pretty straight forward, and grabs all of the "files" in the cd location, but I am running into some permission issue that will not allow me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpatton
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)