Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to bring back/restore root account? Post 302374939 by ippy98 on Thursday 26th of November 2009 02:18:54 AM
Old 11-26-2009
This may also help:

How to recover/reset root password in Sun solaris

It says its just for recovering the root password, but I think when I did the same thing (messed up the root user) this fixed it..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bring back removed files

Dear People I have removed some of my files and directories( by using rm and rmdir commands) by mistake. I wish to bring them back. How is it possible?( I am using solaris 2.6) best regards Reza Nazarian:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
2 Replies

2. AIX

Can't login root account due to can't find root shell

Hi, yesterday, I changed root's shell in /etc/passwd, cause a mistake then I can not log in root account (can't find correct shell). I attempted to log in single-mode, however, it prompted for single-mode's password then I type root's password but still can not log in. I'm using AIX 5L version 5.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neikel
2 Replies

3. Linux

Bring back a deleted partition

I deleted my partition on a test server and want to bring back the partition. I have not rebooted yet, so system is operational. I have the /proc/partition major minor #blocks name 8 0 195359960 sda 8 1 1044224 sda1 8 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
2 Replies

4. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bring back a file changed with sed

Hello everbody I changed one of my important files with a false sed statement by mistake now I lost my file and I hope I could bring it back what I did was: sed '/^..//' a > myfile myfile should have been another file like b ot something I know I also forgot to place an 's' to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Bring tape paths back up in Redhat 5.4

Hi Folks, Looking for some assistance here on a Dell server connected to a Dell tape robot with Redhat 5.4 and Netbackup 6.5. Netbackup thinks the tapes are all present and working, but they are not - we lost the internal encryption keys earlier but think that they are reinstated as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
0 Replies
MOKUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MOKUTIL(1)

NAME
mokutil - utility to manipulate machine owner keys SYNOPSIS
mokutil [--list-enrolled] mokutil [--list-new] mokutil [--list-delete] mokutil [--import keylist| -i keylist] ([--hash-file hashfile | -f hashfile] | [--root-pw | -P] | [--simple-hash | -s]) mokutil [--delete keylist | -d keylist] ([--hash-file hashfile | -f hashfile] | [--root-pw | -P] | [--simple-hash | -s]) mokutil [--revoke-import] mokutil [--revoke-delete] mokutil [--export | -x] mokutil [--password | -p] ([--hash-file hashfile | -f hashfile] | [--root-pw | -P] | [--simple-hash | -s]) mokutil [--clear-password | -c] ([--simple-hash | -s]) mokutil [--disable-validation] mokutil [--enable-validation] mokutil [--sb-state] mokutil [--test-key | -t] ... mokutil [--reset] ([--hash-file hashfile | -f hashfile] | [--root-pw | -P] | [--simple-hash | -s]) mokutil [--generate-hash=password | -gpassword] DESCRIPTION
mokutil is a tool to import or delete the machines owner keys (MOK) stored in the database of shim. OPTIONS
--list-enrolled List the keys the already stored in the database --list-new List the keys to be enrolled --list-delete List the keys to be deleted --import Collect the followed files and form a request to shim. The files must be in DER format. --revoke-import Revoke the current import request (MokNew) --revoke-delete Revoke the current delete request (MokDel) --export Export the keys stored in MokListRT --password Setup the password for MokManager (MokPW) --clear-password Clear the password for MokManager (MokPW) --disable-validation Disable the validation process in shim --enrolled-validation Enable the validation process in shim --sb-state Show SecureBoot State --test-key Test if the key is enrolled or not --reset Reset MOK list --generate-hash Generate the password hash --hash-file Use the password hash from a specific file --root-pw Use the root password hash from /etc/shadow --simple-hash Use the old SHA256 password hash method to hash the password Note: --root-pw invalidates --simple-hash Thu Jul 25 2013 MOKUTIL(1)