Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort command which ignores NULL Post 302374854 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 25th of November 2009 03:45:22 PM
Old 11-25-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by binlib
sort -n (or similar) won't do it if your first field has different lengths.
I beg to differ, that is not how it works.

Code:
$> cat sample.txt
1000000000000||kjhkjhkjhkjhk
200|TR|jvsjfhskfhskfhsdh
3000000000|BH|kjlkjljlkj
600||dadsadasdada
||ffsdfsf
10000000|YU|popopop
90||mlml

Code:
$> sort -nu sample.txt|egrep -v '^\||\|\|'
200|TR|jvsjfhskfhskfhsdh
10000000|YU|popopop
3000000000|BH|kjlkjljlkj

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-25-2009 at 05:11 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

procmailrc ignores INCLUDERC?

I have been using a procmail recipe for some time. I successfully include numerous INCLUDERC files. However, since each of these include files have become rather large over time, I started to try to organize better. So where procmailrc once just had: INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/original-filters.rc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BostonDriver
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort Floating Numbers Using the Sort Command?

Hi to all. I'm trying to sort this with the Unix command sort. user1:12345678:3.5:2.5:8:1:2:3 user2:12345679:4.5:3.5:8:1:3:2 user3:12345687:5.5:2.5:6:1:3:2 user4:12345670:5.5:2.5:5:3:2:1 user5:12345671:2.5:5.5:7:2:3:1 I need to get this: user3:12345687:5.5:2.5:6:1:3:2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

invalid null command

#! /bin/csh set pattern = "" set deli = | foreach i ( `cat pattern`) set pattern = "$pattern$deli$i" end all i want to accomplish is create a string a|b|c, but instead I got an invalid null command error, thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie question: if[command not null]

hi, i have to put in my script a command that should tell me if the contents of two different paths are the same. I thought to write an "if" command who makes the diff of two files which contains the `ls` of the folders and go on with the script if is not null, but i'm afraid of the fact... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zangarules
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it Possible to sort a list of hexadecimal numbers using "sort" command?

Hello Everybody :) !!!. i have question in mind, is it possible to sort a list of hexadecimal numbers using "sort" command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

hostname command prints nothing a null value

Hi , On my box everything works fine. But whenever I run command It returns nothing as you see @(none) too. Its very strange issue I have never noticed on any other system yet. Any one have any idea about this. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratapsingh
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

echo 2>/dev/null with a find command help

Why does this not work? echo 'find / -iname \'*katt*\' -size +500M 2>/dev/null' How does this work? I have 5 single quotes. I though you needed an even amount of single quotes. echo 'find / -iname \'*katt*\' -size +500M 2>/dev/null'' What is the trick to make it work with an alias? This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sort with null values?

Hello everyone I am doing a join command. Obviously, before I need two files sorted first. ( Both files have headers and have about 2 million lines each one ) The problem is, one of the files has null values in the key to sort (which is the first filed ). For example I have the original... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid null command error

Hi, I have this script which gives me output as Invalid null command set recent_file=`grep '^-.*xlsx$' $FTP_LOG |\ sed -e 's/Jan/1/g' \ -e 's/Feb/2/g' \ -e 's/Mar/3/g' \ -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle NULL value output from ISQL command?

I am using ISQL command in ksh script. Suppose if i get NULL value from the query which i run,how can i handle it? I am getting a NULL result set and the following error is coming. ############### output of isql command for getting the sum of JEs ################ ----------- NULL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)