Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users "Connection closed by remote host" while doing ssh to a solaris box Post 302374748 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 25th of November 2009 10:42:12 AM
Old 11-25-2009
There is something wrong on the one system. You need to have the sysadmin turn on
a lot more logging - i.e., change the syslog.conf and sshd_conf (LogLevel settings) files for that one server.

Intermittent problems like this are painful to resolve sometimes. This is really a sysdmin issue, if things are as you describe. I doubt that you can do much to resolve it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

FTP - Connection Closed By Remote Host

Hi, I am having a problem with our AIX 4.3.3 Server accessing FTP. The error is " Connection Closed By Remote Host". Scenario: Since i put a default gateway on the server FTP connection is having a problem but when i remove the default gateway it will works fine.. Is there any way not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mouglybean
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection."?

"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection." I tried to do ftp to one of the unix server . ftp hostname password It get connects when i do any command it throws error ftp> ls "421 service not available, remote server has closed connection." (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishaldsh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

hi i am trying to connect the frontend server using ssh i got the following error ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host can anyone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

4. Linux

ssh_ exchange-identification: Connection closed by remote host

Dear All, Recently our server has been giving the error: "ssh_ exchange-identification: Connection closed by remote host" The error causes the server to become in accessible via ssh and the services are stopped/hung. The server has to be restarted to make it working normal again. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vguleria
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script/telnet - Remove/Control "Connection closed by foreign host"

How do I gain control of the "Connection closed by foreign host" message telnet yields when you connect to it in a shell script? I'm using the output: #!/usr/local/bin/bash count=$(ping -c 1 $1 | grep 'received' | awk -F',' '{ print $2 }' | awk '{ print $1 }') if ; then echo "$1 PING "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

7. Solaris

"Connection closed by" error

OS: Solaris 8 Sparc server1:userA:/home/userA# ssh userB@server1 Connection closed by < IP address> Problem: From being a userA, I am unable to connect/ssh to the same server as when trying to use a different account. (userB) Do you know where can i start checking? Here are some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrist
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to SSH into machine - ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

For a few days now I have been experiencing issues when trying to SSH into 1 of my machine. I get the following output when running 'ssh -vvv': server1:/home/mymadq> ssh -l root -vvv server2 OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
3 Replies

9. Solaris

"Connection closed by foreign host error" in Solaris 10

Version Details Solaris version : Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86 $ uname -a SunOS tippy178 5.10 Generic_147441-01 i86pc i386 i86pcThe Issue +++++++++ I have two solaris 10 Virtual Machines created using Virtual Box. One of my applications running on Source was trying to connect... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies
avahi-resolve(1)					      General Commands Manual						  avahi-resolve(1)

NAME
avahi-resolve - Resolve one or more mDNS/DNS host name(s) to IP address(es) (and vice versa) using the Avahi daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-resolve --name host-name ... avahi-resolve-host-name host-name ... avahi-resolve --address address ... avahi-resolve-address address ... DESCRIPTION
Resolve one or more mDNS/DNS host name(s) to IP address(es) (and vice versa) using the Avahi daemon. OPTIONS
When passing -n, specify one or more fully qualified mDNS/DNS host name(s) (e.g. "foo.local") to resolve into IP addresses on the command line. When passing -a, specify one or more IP address to resolve into host names. avahi-resolve-host-name is equivalent to avahi-resolve --name. avahi-resolve-address is equivalent to avahi-resolve --address. -n | --name Translate one or more fully qualified host names into addresses. -a | --address Translate one or more addresses into fully qualified host names. -v | --verbose Enable verbose mode. -6 When resolving a host name, look for IPv6 addresses exclusively. -4 When resolving a host name, look for IPv4 addresses exclusively. -h | --help Show help. -V | --version Show version information. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-publish-address(1), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-resolve(1)