Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What was your first computer? Post 302374735 by dday on Wednesday 25th of November 2009 09:42:34 AM
Old 11-25-2009
I know I'm posting a lot, but I have a lot of memories... Smilie

I remember using an XT with Turbo when I was in college. Turbo made it go from 4mhz to 8mhz, I think. It was an Xtra, I don't remember who make it. I was taking a Finite Math class and we were programming in Pascal (anybody remember that?) We were doing permutations and probability. I remember kicking off a program that looped through 50k rolls of a pair of dice before I went to bed and it just finishing before I had to go to work in the morning. Now, it would run in seconds.

And to think that went to the moon with this kind of stuff..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting computer name

Hi all! Is there any function to get the name from a computer by the IP adresse? Thank you in advance! Greetings Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xwindow on old computer

hello at first sorry for my english... i know it isn't good but i hope you can understand me i want to install xwindow on my old pentium133MHz, 49MB ram memory, graphic card - stb horizon64 1MB (with old monochromatic monitor - horizontal 30.6-36.0, vertical 50-90) all this under redhat6.1...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

who - PC Computer name

Does anyone know of a way of identifying the PC / client name rather than IP address via who or some other AIX command (5.3). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Computer Does NOT Ping

Hi, I cannot ping my IP address on the following settings and was wondering if anyone knows a solution to make the computer pingable. Windows XP Media Centre Edition Service Pack 3 Wireless Router DLINK DSL-G604Tv2 Wireless Connection Windows Firewall - disabled completely by "stopped in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmc10
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How Many hours on Computer?

How many hours you spend on Computer in a day??? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't shutdown the computer

i cannot shutdown my computer through GUI or CLI when i put the command shutdown -P/-r nowor press the shutdown button it goes to the login prompt and stays like that afterwards, so i press CTRL+ALT+delete (which works) but that only restarts it and closes processes like winbind and apache ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mi117
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help my computer has been compromised

Hi everyone, I hope I am posting in the right spot and I really need some help. I am going through a horrible divorce and I am afraid that my husband has compromised . He set up my mac computer and router and for my job set up remote access for me. I caught him cheating on me and I think he... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk243665
6 Replies
set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)				  Allegro manual				  set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)

NAME
set_display_switch_mode - Tells Allegro how the program handles background switching. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int set_display_switch_mode(int mode); DESCRIPTION
Sets how the program should handle being switched into the background, if the user tabs away from it. Not all of the possible modes will be supported by every graphics driver on every platform. The available modes are: SWITCH_NONE Disables switching. This is the default in single-tasking systems like DOS. It may be supported on other platforms, but you should use it with caution, because your users won't be impressed if they want to switch away from your program, but you don't let them! SWITCH_PAUSE Pauses the program whenever it is in the background. Execution will be resumed as soon as the user switches back to it. This is the default in most fullscreen multitasking environments, for example the Linux console, but not under Windows. SWITCH_AMNESIA Like SWITCH_PAUSE, but this mode doesn't bother to remember the contents of video memory, so the screen, and any video bitmaps that you have created, will be erased after the user switches away and then back to your program. This is not a terribly useful mode to have, but it is the default for the fullscreen drivers under Windows because DirectDraw is too dumb to implement anything better. SWITCH_BACKGROUND The program will carry on running in the background, with the screen bitmap temporarily being pointed at a memory buffer for the fullscreen drivers. You must take special care when using this mode, because bad things will happen if the screen bitmap gets changed around when your program isn't expecting it (see below). SWITCH_BACKAMNESIA Like SWITCH_BACKGROUND, but this mode doesn't bother to remember the contents of video memory (see SWITCH_AMNESIA). It is again the only mode supported by the fullscreen drivers under Windows that lets the program keep running in the background. Note that you should be very careful when you are using graphics routines in the switching context: you must always call acquire_screen() before the start of any drawing code onto the screen and not release it until you are completely finished, because the automatic locking mechanism may not be good enough to work when the program runs in the background or has just been raised in the foreground. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero on success, invalidating at the same time all callbacks previously registered with set_display_switch_callback(). Returns -1 if the requested mode is not currently possible. SEE ALSO
set_display_switch_callback(3alleg4), get_display_switch_mode(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4), exswitch(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)