Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Open Storage Questions
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Open Storage Questions Post 302374490 by Keepcase on Tuesday 24th of November 2009 04:27:41 PM
Old 11-24-2009
Hey Duke,

To use the functionality that the FISHworks stack provides is only available in OpenSolaris?

So instead of using a 3510, I could use a J4000 series array and install OpenSolaris and manage the storage using ZFS correct?

do these open storage units have FC? I was trying to find that but I only saw RJ45

---------- Post updated at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:20 PM ----------

So what's the difference there?

Let's say you got 4 boxes that need access to the data on a StorEdge

it's directly connected to 1, and the other 3 are mapping it through NFS

From the diagram from that link you provided,

You would have an open storage server (or is this an array?)

and then the initiator hosts can then access this openSolaris host which then provides access to the data

So what is the differences though? Is it the difference in performance? the SCSI commands are faster because they are running on the kernel level? (or am I getting totally confused here?)

DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql - Storage::DBI class implementing MySQL specifics SYNOPSIS
Storage::DBI autodetects the underlying MySQL database, and re-blesses the $storage object into this class. my $schema = MyDb::Schema->connect( $dsn, $user, $pass, { on_connect_call => 'set_strict_mode' } ); DESCRIPTION
This class implements MySQL specific bits of DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI, like AutoIncrement column support and savepoints. Also it augments the SQL maker to support the MySQL-specific "STRAIGHT_JOIN" join type, which you can use by specifying "join_type => 'straight'" in the relationship attributes It also provides a one-stop on-connect macro "set_strict_mode" which sets session variables such that MySQL behaves more predictably as far as the SQL standard is concerned. STORAGE OPTIONS
set_strict_mode Enables session-wide strict options upon connecting. Equivalent to: ->connect ( ... , { on_connect_do => [ q|SET SQL_MODE = CONCAT('ANSI,TRADITIONAL,ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,', @@sql_mode)|, q|SET SQL_AUTO_IS_NULL = 0|, ] }); AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-05-10 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3pm)