Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Open Storage Questions
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Open Storage Questions Post 302374490 by Keepcase on Tuesday 24th of November 2009 04:27:41 PM
Old 11-24-2009
Hey Duke,

To use the functionality that the FISHworks stack provides is only available in OpenSolaris?

So instead of using a 3510, I could use a J4000 series array and install OpenSolaris and manage the storage using ZFS correct?

do these open storage units have FC? I was trying to find that but I only saw RJ45

---------- Post updated at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:20 PM ----------

So what's the difference there?

Let's say you got 4 boxes that need access to the data on a StorEdge

it's directly connected to 1, and the other 3 are mapping it through NFS

From the diagram from that link you provided,

You would have an open storage server (or is this an array?)

and then the initiator hosts can then access this openSolaris host which then provides access to the data

So what is the differences though? Is it the difference in performance? the SCSI commands are faster because they are running on the kernel level? (or am I getting totally confused here?)

DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::UniqueIdentifier(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::UniqueIdentifier(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::UniqueIdentifier - Storage component for RDBMSes supporting GUID types DESCRIPTION
This is a storage component for databases that support GUID types such as "uniqueidentifier", "uniqueidentifierstr" or "guid". GUIDs are generated automatically for PK columns with a supported data_type, as well as non-PK with auto_nextval set. METHODS
new_guid The composing class must set "new_guid" to the method used to generate a new GUID. It can also set it to "undef", in which case the user is required to set it, or a runtime error will be thrown. It can be: string In which case it is used as the name of database function to create a new GUID, coderef In which case the coderef should return a string GUID, using Data::GUID, or whatever GUID generation method you prefer. It is passed the $self DBIx::Class::Storage reference as a parameter. For example: $schema->storage->new_guid(sub { Data::GUID->new->as_string }); AUTHOR
See "AUTHOR" in DBIx::Class and "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-16 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::UniqueIdentifier(3)