Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Apache/CGI Bin Accessing mounted SMB share Post 302374488 by NDxiak on Tuesday 24th of November 2009 04:06:15 PM
Old 11-24-2009
Apache/CGI Bin Accessing mounted SMB share

Hey Guys,

I need to copy some files from my Apache server to SMB share ...

Code:
    copy $file,"/Volumes/v1/x/test/$datestamp$name$suffix"

Unfortunately this command when executed from Apache/cgi-bin is not able to access mounted volumes .. is there anything that can be done about that ... Can I allow apache to access mounted shares ?

Thank You

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync not copying all files from smb-mounted fs

We have an old windows server here, with a relatively large share upon it (200GB, 1-2 million files). Our entire network is Linux (RH8.0) based, and we therefore automount this using the samba client. We have just begun migration to a linux fileserver, to save ourselves having to use lovely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
2 Replies

2. Solaris

apache ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/400.cgi

Hi All, Sorry if the question is trivial for you but, I am new to Apache (2.0.63) and am trying to figure out how to display my 400.cgi. Here is what I have in httpd.conf servername testing DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs" ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/badrequest-400.cgi Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

SMB Connection Resolve to AD, Point to User Share

I've got an unusual problem that deals with connecting via SMB under Snow Leopard, to a directory share with over 1,000 users. When I connect to the main directory share, the next level reveals 1,000 users, but I'd like to have the connection identify me as a registered user in AD at the time of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Refresh smb mounted volumes

I have found sometimes that the shell won't see updated folders on a smb share. If I run a script (tsch), that checks the existence of folders: foreach ITEM ( list of directories) if ! ( -e $ITEM ) then echo "$ITEM does not exist" echo "" set ERROR = 1 endif If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepstructure
0 Replies

5. AIX

I/O speed to CIFS mounted Windows Share

I have an AIX box that mounts a Windows share across subnets. When I try to copy a 100 MB file to it, it copies around 2 MB/s. If I copy to another Windows share on the same subnet it copies around 12 MB/s. All I have is gigabit networks so I would expect it to go well over 12 MB/s, which is the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create cgi-bin

Hello anyone, I'm a PHP programmer that, through work has to be a server administrator. We have a dedicated server at godaddy. I just found this forum but probably could have asked a thousand questions that I've already figured out. I tried finding anything online and would think this would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freddythunder
0 Replies

7. Solaris

auto mount SMB share on Solaris 10

I CANNOT use autmounter so should I just write the command as an /etc/rc script or is it possible to auto mount the share via the vfstab? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to write to a mounted NFS share

Hi All, I created a nfs share in the server(Solaris 10) with the following command and also updated the dfstab file share -F nfs -o rw=server_name2,anon=0 /to_share And then in the client(solaris 10) added the following command to mount the share mount -F nfs server_name1:/to_share... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating dated folder name in SMB share

I can't seen to figure this out. Let's say I want to create a folder with the name "August2017". In regular terminal prompt I can type mkdir `date +%B%Y` But when I'm connected to a SMB share (at the smb: prompt), the command doesn't translate properly. A folder gets created but the name is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdch1000
4 Replies
SMBUTIL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						SMBUTIL(1)

NAME
smbutil -- Interface to SMB requester SYNOPSIS
smbutil [-hv] command [-options] [args] DESCRIPTION
The smbutil command used to control SMB requester and issue various commands. There are two types of options - global and local to specified command. The global options are: -h Print short help message. -v Verbose output. The commands and local options are: crypt [password] Slightly encrypt clear text password to use it in the ~/.nsmbrc file. The encrypted password starts with '$$1' symbols. Warning: the encryption function is very weak and intented only to hide clear text password. If password is ommited from command line, program will prompt for one. help command Print usage information about command. lc List active connections and their parameters. login [-connection options] //[workgroup;][user[password]@] server[/share] Login/attach to the specified server and/or share as user. This command will create and authenticate connection to an SMB server, and will leave it active after exit. Thus, one can login only once and then use other SMB commands without authentication procedure and additional connections. For the description of [-connection options] see mount_smbfs(8) command (all uppercase options are con- nection options). logout //[workgroup;][user[password]@] server[/share] Logout/detach from the specified server and/or share as user. This command will destroy connection created by login command. A con- nection may not be closed immediately if it used by other programs. lookup [-w host] name Resolve given name to IP address. NetBIOS name server can be directly specified via [-w] option. print [-connection options] //[workgroup;][user[password]@] server[/share] file Send given file to the specified queue on the remote server. If file is '-', then standard input will be used. status server Resolve given server (IP address or DNS name) to NetBIOS workgroup and system name. view [-connection options] //[workgroup;][user[password]@] server List resources avaliable on the specified server for the user user. FILES
~/.nsmbrc keeps description for each connection. See ./examples/dot.nsmbrc for details. AUTHORS
Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, <bp@freebsd.org> BUGS
Please report any bugs to Apple. BSD
Feb 14, 2000 BSD