Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Admin Salary
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? AIX Admin Salary Post 302374469 by rhfrommn on Tuesday 24th of November 2009 02:11:17 PM
Old 11-24-2009
In the U.S. $5000/month would be in the ballpark for a junior AIX admin. A senior position should pay well over that. Check sage.org for their latest salary survey information. SAGE Salary Surveys

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

New to AIX System Admin

Hi everyone, im new to AIX, where can I find some free beginner AIX System admin guide which is similar to AIX Basic Operations V5 http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/tests/obj190.shtml (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibmer414
9 Replies

2. Advertise with Us

FITS - looking for AIX Admin in Vienna, VA (USA)

FITS is a computer consulting company based in Maryland. We are currently in need for two Sr. AIX Administrators. Must be a US citizen. Please send resume to mmalik@FitsInc.Net or contact 301-667-0991. Pay is excellent. Note: Ad approved until November 14, 2009 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mam0142
0 Replies

3. AIX

Planning to prepare for AIX P5 system admin test 223

Hi - one of my frined suggested me to complete the certification for AIX test 223. However, i am not aware of Unix OS and neither has experience of sys admin. I would like to know whether i would be able to prepare for AIX certification and also is it a must to have unix/Sun knowledge to prepare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbalakrishna200
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX admin - lpar question

Hi Guru, my question is that can I create LPAR in AIX 5.3, 6.0, 6.1 by using smit lpar, rather than using HMC or AIX Commands? Thank you very much. Mir Alihttp://xwww.unix.com/images/icons/icon5.gif (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tahniet
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX admin jobs

My salary is 800$ per month and I have invited in Czech Republic as an AIX administrator giving me 1000 euro... if I go to Czech republic I will have additional problems such as flat for living and transport.. so would you recommend me to go there dear friends? :-) I am hesitating and don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Monthly Salary in India for Web Programmer?

Anyone know the normal and average monthly salary (and hourly wage for part time) for a solid Web Development in India? Basic requirements. LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), HTML, CSS, Javascript. vBulletin a plus, but not necessary. Anyone have any idea? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

7. AIX

L2 and L3 AIX System Admin Tasks

Hello Everyone...I am new to this forum and before asking i already see links for books and videos...I would like to know the tasks for L2 and L3 AIX System Admin. edit by bakunin: You shouldn't hijack others threads for your own questions. If you have a genuine question to ask you're entitled... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allhappies
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 101 : Sys Admin Pocket Survival Guide

HOW-TO AIX Admin 101 Sys Admin Pocket Survival Guide - AIX Worth checking it out and printing it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

9. Linux

Linux admin salary in the USA

Hello guys, First I apologize for asking non technical question but I am goging to move to the USA and I have 8 year experience as a senior linux admin, I am administering storage subsystems as well. Can you please tell me how much is an average salary for Linux admins? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)