Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with a script to process a CSV file using SED and AWK Post 302374466 by steadyonabix on Tuesday 24th of November 2009 01:57:10 PM
Old 11-24-2009
Firstly you need to put any code between code tags as this makes your post more readable.

Secondly you need to be specific if you want help: -

"but that gives me an when I bcp data into table. something to do with format."

I assume the missing word here is error, in which case the error message / code (between code tags) would be more helpful than "something to do with format"

Good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk script to remove text / or perform calculations from large CSV files

I have a large CSV files (e.g. 2 million records) and am hoping to do one of two things. I have been trying to use awk and sed but am a newbie and can't figure out how to get it to work. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated - I'm stuck trying to remove the colon and wildcards in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metronomadic
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating a line in a large csv file, with sed/awk?

I have an extremely large csv file that I need to search the second field, and upon matches update the last field... I can pull the line with awk.. but apparently you cant use awk to directly update the file? So im curious if I can use sed to do this... The good news is the field I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk/sed in handling csv file.

Please study the below script and the output Script: echo "Minimum ${host} ${process} response time=${min} ms" >> ${OUTDIR}/${OUTFILE}; echo "Maximum ${host} ${process} response time=${max} ms" >> ${OUTDIR}/${OUTFILE}; echo "Average ${host} ${process} response time=${avg} ms" >>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/something else for csv file

Hi, I have a filename.csv in which there are 3 colums, ie: Name ; prefixnumber ; number root ; 020 ; 1234567 user1,2,3 ; 070 ; 7654321 What I want is to merge colum 2 and 3 that it becomes 0201234567 or even better +31201234567 so the country number is used and drop the leading 0.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: necron
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file into CSV using awk or sed

Hello folks I have a txt file of information about journal articles from different fields. I need to convert this information into a format that is easier for computers to manipulate for some research that I'm doing on how articles are cited. The file has some header information and then details... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing FQDN by hostnames in a CSV file with sed & awk

Hello, Beginning with shell scipting, I'm trying to find in a csv file, the lines where the field related to hostname is displayed as an FQDN intead the hostname. (some lines are correct) and the to correct that inside the file: Novell,11.0,UNIX Server,bscpsiws02,TxffnX1tX1HiDoyBerrzWA==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wonto
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combined sed+awk for lookup csv file

have written a combined sed+awk to perform a lookup operation which works but looking to enhance it. looking to match a record using any of the comma separated values + return selected fields from the record - including the field header. so: cat foo make,model,engine,trim,value... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack.bauer
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Datestamp format 2nd change in csv file (awk or sed)

I have a csv file formatted like this: 2014-08-21 18:06:26,A,B,12345,123,C,1232,26/08/14 18:07and I'm trying to change it to MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM for both occurances. I have got this: awk -F, 'NR <=1 {print;next}{"date +%d/%m/%Y\" \"%H:%m -d\""$1 "\""| getline dte;$1=dte}1' OFS="," test.csvThis... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk and sed script to create one output CSV file

Hi All , I would require your help to generate one output file after post processing of one CSV file as stated below This file is just a small cut from a big file . Big file is having 20000 lines PATTERN,pat0,pat1,pat2,pat3,pat4,pat5,pat6,pat7,pat8,pat9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies
html2haml(1)						      General Commands Manual						      html2haml(1)

NAME
html2haml - Transforms an HTML file into corresponding Haml code. SYNOPSIS
html2haml [options] [INPUT] [OUTPUT] DESCRIPTION
Transforms an HTML file into corresponding Haml code. OPTIONS
-e, --erb Parse ERb tags. --no-erb Don't parse ERb tags. -r, --rhtml Parse RHTML tags. --no-rhtml Don't parse RHTML tags. -x, --xhtml Parse the input using the more strict XHTML parser. -s, --stdin Read input from standard input instead of an input file --trace Show a full traceback on error -?, -h, --help Show this message -v, --version Print version Please note this program's function is to make a first approach towards converting your HTML. Although usually it will give you a nearly good result, it will often need tweaking - This is specially true when you are parsing RHTML, as it can include parsable and conditional tags which can be misinterpreted and break nesting. SEE ALSO
This program is shipped as part of the libhaml-ruby1.8 library package, you can check its corresponding documentation can be found in the libhaml-ruby-doc package. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org>, based on the command-line output of this program, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be freely used by others). December 18, 2008 html2haml(1)