Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What do you do for a living?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you do for a living? Post 302374427 by Neo on Tuesday 24th of November 2009 11:56:06 AM
Old 11-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by frustin
sounds like technical support to me. *shrug*
Sounds like what we used to call "technical support" as well.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Starting over, making a living with linux?

I really like to use linux, although I freely admit I don't know squat about it. I can install it, update it and get it to most of what I would like it to do, up to running some windows apps on it. I am going back so to school starting on the 25th, with a declared major of Information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com

Video: What Do You Do for a Living? @UNIX.com https://youtu.be/eTddtFa_Z_g We asked our users at UNIX.com what they do for a living, and this was their top three replies in 1080 HD video. Shout-outs to quotes in the video from forum members Akshay Hegde, geeky404, ni2 and joeyg. Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)