Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Enabling color for putty session Post 302374419 by phobus on Tuesday 24th of November 2009 11:29:06 AM
Old 11-24-2009
Hmmm ... if I got it right ... you connect to the server via putty. If so then you don't have to do anything on the server , because this setting (change color in "window - colors in putty" ) will not effect your aix terminal (you do not have to do anything on the server). I use this putty to connect to the aix servers every day ... and I don't remember changing or configuring any display settings on the server.
Did you try to change like Default Foreground in putty? Did it change color?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enabling backspace usage in Putty SSH connection ?

I have started a new job for 2 weeks not. I am distributing software packages through Tivoli and connecting to the servers using Putty in X11 and SSH. But on the command line, the backspace is disabled. I know its a command I have to enter in my .profile but I don't remember. There is a Ctrl+H... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color putty

Right now I am using putty. I am using 2-3 terminals at a time. To differentiate each termianl I want to put each putty screen and background color to different colors. I tried changing the colors in normal putty but it's not working. Is there any other color putty ? Regards, Venkat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Putty session

Dear all, We have a practice of getting user's passwords expired after 60 days and a strong password policy. When a user tries to enter a password which is not compliant to the policy which is set putty exists without giving any feedback to the user. Below is something i captured from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty Session Timeout

Hi, I had add the following line into .profile and .bash_profile for the timeout session to avoid putty close automatically : timeout=10800 However, i still keep encounter session time out every after 60 seconds. Can anyone please help advice. Many Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wancy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting to an ssh session with putty/bash.

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question but I couldnt spot another obvious forum for it. I have a windows shortcut which opens up a saved session in putty. From this session I then ssh to another remote server. I was wondering is there a way that I can either edit my shortcut... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding Color scheme in linux console connected through putty.

Hi All, I am connecting to SunOs 5.8 server from windows machine through putty. My problem is commands are not showing any colours results. I want to see 'ls' command should list directories in 'red' and files in 'green' etc. How to do it . Please help. Also How to enable syntax colouring in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
6 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nohup process getting killed after closing PUTTY session

I am running a process in nohup . nohup getkeys.ksh 132 > 132.out & When I close the putty terminal,The process is getting killed . default_signal_handler called for signal no: 1 Is there a way to keep the process running even If I close the terminal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting a putty session

Hi, Is there any way to refresh the session(for the profile file changes get reflect) in putty? I am tired of closing reopening putty. Thanks, Pandeeesh CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty session freezes when sudo

I have a Windows batch file with the below entry for auto login. putty.exe -ssh user1@10.10.10.7 -pw passwd1 -m command.txtcommnd.txt contains the below entries pwd sudo su - user2Switching from user1 to user2 does not require any password . Output just prints the pwd and not sudo When i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Text color in Linux scripts via putty

hi Folks, Can anyone help with changing the color of the words in a linux shell script? I get how to change default background etc in putty, but for some reason the text in the script has different colors for different parts of the cript. Is there a way to have one color in a linux shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)