Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Accessing software's GUI from CDE Post 302374377 by naw_deepak on Tuesday 24th of November 2009 09:24:27 AM
Old 11-24-2009
Accessing software's GUI from CDE

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know if any installed software on solaris can be accessed with GUI on CDE. I just installed putty from sunfreeware.com and try accessing it but no way to access it's GUI.

Thanks,
Deepak

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

accessing WWW from non GUI terminal

how would I go about accessing the internet from a regular non-gui terminal.... . would I have to configure the settings or is there an application or uitliity that I can use that will do this..?? than in advance moxxx68 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

3. Solaris

accessing the gui when using telnet

Hey guys, I am fairly new to unix, but I seem to be a quick learner. anyway I need some help, how do you access the GUI when you telnet in to a system running x86 solaris 8? dtlogin doesnt work, and I am a super user. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isesoteric
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with accessing subversion installed on unix server through windows GUI

We are using subversion as a version control system in our project. We are connecting to client`s sun Solaris box through check point VPN. Client has installed subversion . We have created repository and add files to it. Now we want to access the same from our windows machine (through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aasid
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

7. Fedora

Automatically execute a software without gui at boot

hi all, this is my first post here...i hope that this is the correct section to write my question. I have a distro linux without gui, only text mode. So, it's possible run automatically a command or a program as "top" or "ping" and get the result on the main shell , after the boot and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangiaemi
6 Replies

8. Linux

CD Burning in Linux, GUI Software

Hi.. I just brought a CD writer. It has nero for windows bundled with it. I found nero very easy to use as well as usefull.. I then see that wht we have in linux.. I found that in my Redhat 9 i have two CD writers software but both are no where nare nero... So is there any GUI based cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies

9. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies
resourceEditor(1)					       PythonCard Developers						 resourceEditor(1)

NAME
resourceEditor - Resource editor used as part of the PythonCard GUI framework SYNOPSIS
resourceEditor [file] [switches] DESCRIPTION
The resourceEditor is the most common starting point for constructing a PythonCard application. Using this tool, you can create, position, size, describe and connect not only your application's windows and all of the components they contain (buttons, fields, and other con- trols), but also its menus and supporting dialogs. A direct-manipulation interface enables you to create, drag, and size window components in the grand tradition of Integrated Development Environments (IDEs). The resourceEditor also incorporates a menu editor and a background editor for managing the non-component portions of your PythonCard application. Scripting is not integrated into the resourceEditor. Instead, you should use your favorite Python script editor to write the code that gives your application its intelligence and behavior (for instance, you could use codeEditor(1), also part of the PythonCard GUI frame- work). SWITCHES
Note that switches must come after any filename in order to be recognized. -p Show property editor -m Show message watcher -l Enable logging -s Show shell -m Show namespace -d Show debug menu NOTES
The resourceEditor utility also provides additional functionality that is not discussed in this manpage, because it is somewhat difficult to completely describe usage of a GUI program in a text-based manpage. For more detailed usage instructions or for more information on the PythonCard GUI framework in general, you should install the pythoncard-doc package and take a look at the various walk-throughs, tutorials and samples included with it. Once the pythoncard-doc package is installed, the documentation is installed to /usr/share/doc/pythoncard-doc, and is also available via Debian's doc-base infrastructure - find it in the Devel section using dwww(1), doc-central(1) or dhelp(1). If you would rather not install the pythoncard-doc package, you can find essentially the same information on the PythonCard website: http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net BUGS
Although it is considered to be stable, this is still development-level software. Please report bugs in this or any PythonCard component to the Debian Bug Tracking system using reportbug(1). AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@debian.org>, for use by the Debian project. Content was based on previously- existing PythonCard documentation in other forms. SEE ALSO
codeEditor(1), findfiles(1), PythonCard GUI Framework August 2003 resourceEditor(1)