Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass a string with spaces to a shell script Post 302374291 by chakrapani on Tuesday 24th of November 2009 04:17:01 AM
Old 11-24-2009
Here is a hint

You'll need a loop with:
$* = all arguments.
$# = number of arguments.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i pass parameter with spaces to csh script

Hello all i need to pass to my shell script parameter that looks like "2 3 3" inside the script i need to use this string that looks like this "2 3 3" but when i try to print the script im getting syntax error , this is my script : set s = $1 echo $s (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass string from shell script to java

Hi, I,m writing a program in shell script and currently this script is calling a java program. I have a problem to pass string variable from my shell script to the java program. I don't know on how to pass it and how the java program can call what I have pass from the shell script. This is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badbunny9316
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to pass string with spaces in shell

I have to pass a sentence in a file, the specs are as: cat run | sed 's/SRT/'$8'/g' | sed 's/plength/68/g' | sed 's/stcol/'$5'/g' | sed 's/encol/'$6'/g' | sed 's/brdtype/'$1'/g' | sed 's/brdtxt/'$3'/g' | sed 's/demotxt/Total '$2'/g' | sed 's/bantxt/ban_'$7'/g' | sed 's/validcodes/'$4'/g' >... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: patilrakesh1984
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass string arg from shell to perl

My shell script generates a bunch of lines of text and passes this text as an argument to a perl script. I'm able to do this, but for some reason newlines don't get recognized in the perl script and so the script just prints actual '\n' instead of carriage returning, otherwise everything gets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable with spaces from shell to expect?

I need call expect script from shell script and pass values some of which could contain space. How to make expect to treat such values as one variable? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash- Command run from script does not pass full parameters with spaces inside

There's a JavaScript file that I call from command line (there's a framework) like so: ./RunDiag.js param1:'string one here' param2:'string two here' I have a shell script where I invoke the above command. I can run it in a script as simple as this #!/bin/bash stuff="./RunDiag.js... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable string in To_Date Oracle function in shell script

Hello, I am trying to execute an SQL query from shell script. A part of script is something like this: fromDate=`echo $(date +"%F%T") | sed "s/-//g" | sed "s/://g"` $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOD1 connect $COSDBUID/$COSDBPWD@$COSDBSID spool... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanketpatel.86
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies
ALTERA_ATSE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					    ALTERA_ATSE(4)

NAME
atse -- driver for the Altera Triple-Speed Ethernet MegaCore SYNOPSIS
device atse options ATSE_CFI_HACK In /boot/device.hints: hint.atse.0.at="nexus0" hint.atse.0.maddr=0x7f007000 hint.atse.0.msize=0x540 hint.atse.0.rc_irq=1 hint.atse.0.rx_maddr=0x7f007500 hint.atse.0.rx_msize=0x8 hint.atse.0.rxc_maddr=0x7f007520 hint.atse.0.rxc_msize=0x20 hint.atse.0.tx_irq=2 hint.atse.0.tx_maddr=0x7f007400 hint.atse.0.tx_msize=0x8 hint.atse.0.txc_maddr=0x7f007420 hint.atse.0.txc_msize=0x20 hint.e1000phy.0.at="miibus0" hint.e1000phy.0.phyno=0 DESCRIPTION
The atse device driver provides support for the Altera Triple-Speed Ethernet MegaCore. HARDWARE
The current version of the atse driver supports the Ethernet MegaCore as described in version 11.1 of Altera's documentation when the device is configured with internal FIFOs. MAC SELECTION
The default MAC address for each atse interface is derived from a value stored in cfi(4) flash. The value is managed by the atsectl(8) util- ity. Only a single MAC address may be stored in flash. If the address begins with the Altera prefix 00:07:ed and ends in 00 then up to 16 addresses will be derived from it by adding the unit number of the interface to the stored address. For other prefixes, the address will be assigned to atse0 and random addresses will be used for other interfaces. If the stored address is invalid, for example all zero's, multi- cast, or the default address shipped on all DE4 boards (00:07:ed:ff:ed:15) then a random address is generated when the device is attached. SEE ALSO
miibus(4), netintro(4), ifconfig(8) Triple-Speed Ethernet MegaCore Function User Guide, Altera Corporation, November 2011. HISTORY
The atse device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. AUTHORS
The atse device driver and this manual page were developed by SRI International and the University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory under DARPA/AFRL contract (FA8750-10-C-0237) (``CTSRD''), as part of the DARPA CRASH research programme. This device driver was written by Bjoern A. Zeeb. BUGS
The atse driver only supports a single configuration of the MegaCore as installed on the Terasic Technologies Altera DE4 Development and Edu- cation Board. Only gigabit Ethernet speeds are currently supported. BSD
May 21, 2014 BSD