Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris date -d illegal option in Solaris Post 302374278 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 24th of November 2009 03:16:41 AM
Old 11-24-2009
You are think of the GNU date implementation. POSIX date does not support those options. GNU unix tools are available as an add-on to Solaris.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Please help --setfacl: illegal option -- R

when i am executing setfacl -Rm u:ggoyal2:rwx,m:rwx dir i am getting error bash-3.00# setfacl -Rm u:ggoyal2:rwx,m:rwx dir setfacl: illegal option -- R usage: setfacl -f aclfile file ... setfacl -d acl_entries file ... setfacl -m acl_entries file ... setfacl -s acl_entries file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj_dahiya22
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed sed: illegal option -- i

hello. i have a script, but in solaris i get this message sed: illegal option -- i whats wrong? With Ubuntu there is no problem. Thanks for help. #!/bin/bash for file in $(find /directory..../Test/*.txt -type f) do head -n 1 $file | egrep '^#!' if then sed -i '2i\Headertext'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fertchen
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

date: illegal option -- d in sun solaris

Hi all, I am trying to execute the following command in a sun solaris machine and getting the error as below. bash-2.03$ date -d "1 day ago" +%Y%m%d date: illegal option -- d bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS gtrd02 5.8 Generic_117350-55 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 Can anybody help me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

stat -c illegal option

I'm trying to get the size of each file, but when I try to use stat -c %s <file> I get the message stat: illegal option -- c Also, the man page for stat shows readlink,stat. It doesn't seem to match the man pages I've seen online. what is going on here? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read: line 6: illegal option -e

For some reason read -e isn't working in my script. I need a directory as input from a user and I'd like for them to be able to use tab complete which is why I'm using -e. When the script is run, I get: read: line 6: illegal option -e In order to just figure out what is going on with the -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orangeSunshine
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
TOUCH(1)							   User Commands							  TOUCH(1)

NAME
touch - change file timestamps SYNOPSIS
touch [OPTION]... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Update the access and modification times of each FILE to the current time. A FILE argument that does not exist is created empty, unless -c or -h is supplied. A FILE argument string of - is handled specially and causes touch to change the times of the file associated with standard output. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a change only the access time -c, --no-create do not create any files -d, --date=STRING parse STRING and use it instead of current time -f (ignored) -h, --no-dereference affect each symbolic link instead of any referenced file (useful only on systems that can change the timestamps of a symlink) -m change only the modification time -r, --reference=FILE use this file's times instead of current time -t STAMP use [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.ss] instead of current time --time=WORD change the specified time: WORD is access, atime, or use: equivalent to -a WORD is modify or mtime: equivalent to -m --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Note that the -d and -t options accept different time-date formats. DATE STRING
The --date=STRING is a mostly free format human readable date string such as "Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:21:42 -0800" or "2004-02-29 16:21:42" or even "next Thursday". A date string may contain items indicating calendar date, time of day, time zone, day of week, relative time, rela- tive date, and numbers. An empty string indicates the beginning of the day. The date string format is more complex than is easily docu- mented here but is fully described in the info documentation. AUTHOR
Written by Paul Rubin, Arnold Robbins, Jim Kingdon, David MacKenzie, and Randy Smith. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report touch translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/touch> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) touch invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TOUCH(1)