Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH weirdness
Operating Systems Solaris SSH weirdness Post 302374203 by CDM on Monday 23rd of November 2009 06:37:44 PM
Old 11-23-2009
The file is there. Since the problem goes away (albeit temporarily) when I run a kdestroy, I'm thinking this might have something to do with how the host is represented in the AD directory. I spun up another zone on the same global zone and it's working perfectly fine - even though I used the exact same procedure/scripst to build the second zone.

The only difference between the two zones is that the first zone was built/destroyed/built/destroy/etc. several times over. As such, the Centrify adjoin command I used to register the hsot into AD was run several times even though the host was already registered. No errors were generated when this was done but it's the only smoking gun I can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysgate
Check for existence of this file - /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab - if it's not there, create it and see what's happening.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin bash startup command weirdness (part 1)

I am running (I believe) the latest stable version of cygwin CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.24(0.156/4/2) 2007-01-31 10:57 i686 Cygwin on a win xp sp2 laptop. Suppose, to make things simple for now (but I may do a part 2 posting...), that I am in a dos shell, and I want to create a bash shell and have it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

ftp and ssh weirdness

i've just setup my desktop (ubuntu 8.04) to run vsftpd and sshd. i have two laptops, both running linux. on one laptop i can connect to the desktop via ftp and ssh and everything works fine. so i don't think there's a problem with the server. on the other laptop i can't connect to the desktop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkmatter14B
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gedit newline weirdness

I have this file cd /media/AUDIO/WAVE/9780743561181 ~/Desktop/mp3-to-m4b 9780743561181-UNLEASHING THE IDEA VIRUS "UNLEASHING THE IDEA VIRUS" "GODIN, SETH" 2006 n cd /media/AUDIO/WAVE/9780743561204 ~/Desktop/mp3-to-m4b 9780743561204-STALIN'S GHOST "STALIN'S GHOST" "SMITH, MARTIN" 2007 n cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File path weirdness

I want to be able to drag and drop a file into a script in the terminal but it doesn't like the /home/user prefix. How do I get around this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pluto7777
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh = ssh expect and keep everything not change include parameter postion

I have write a script which contains ssh -p 12345 dcplatform@10.125.42.50 ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 5555 "$CMD" ssh root@$GUEST_IP "$CMD" before I use public key, it works well, now I want to change to "expect", BUT I don't want to change above code and "parameter position" I can post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Zpool device weirdness

Weird duplicate device in one of my nested raidz1s - device is shown as both online and unavailable, with a hot spare showing up as degraded as well. Any thoughts on how I should proceed? root@storage# zpool status tank pool: tank state: DEGRADED status: One or more devices are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoohanMcGirk
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 sysconfig and zones weirdness

when I create a new zone either via zfs export template or installing the OS from the .iso I get a weird problem. once I create the zone and login for the first time to the console I get the sysconfig menu. I do the config setup and exit the zone boots normally. The next time I reboot, I have to do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining 3 line weirdness

Hi all you Unix/Linux gurus, So, I have something strage going on and need a sanity check... I have 2 files that both contain 3 lines of text... File1 - called t: CN66270E90 94:57:a5:d3:db:aa 94:57:a5:d3:db:ab File2 - called tt: hostname 5.7.2.7 72:8C:36:3B:5A:17 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
nsd-xfer(8)							    nsd 3.2.12							       nsd-xfer(8)

NAME
nsd-xfer - AXFR client to transfer zones from a name server SYNOPSIS
nsd-xfer [-4] [-6] [-a address[@port]] [-p port] [-s serial] [-T tsiginfo] [-v] -z zone -f file servers DESCRIPTION
Nsd-xfer is program to transfer zones from a name server using AXFR. NSD is a complete implementation of an authoritative DNS nameserver. OPTIONS
-4 Only send to IPv4 addresses. -6 Only send to IPv6 addresses. -a address[@port] Specify the source address (and port) to send from. -f file The file to store the zone in. -p port Specify the port to send to. -s serial Specify the serial of the current zone. The zone is only transferred if the master server has a zone with a greater serial number. -T tsiginfo Use TSIG to verify the zone transfer. The tsiginfo file must contain the TSIG key information. The file is removed upon successful reading of the key. The format of the tsiginfo file is described in the doc/README file (section 3.3). -v Be more verbose. -z zone Specify the zone to receive. servers List of nameservers to try. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: # nsd-xfer -z foobar.cz -f foobar.cz.zone 1.2.3.4 SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-checkconf(8), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-xfer(8)