Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can't load external file from unix into Oracle DB Post 302374169 by mkastin on Monday 23rd of November 2009 04:07:22 PM
Old 11-23-2009
Try doing a bulk insert instead. I didn't test this....

Code:
BULK INSERT my_table_tmp
FROM '"{$input}"'
WITH (fieldterminator = ',' ,roterminator = '\n')

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
4 Replies

3. Programming

How can i load or insert a table in oracle from c language thru unix environment

I'm having a oracle server and i'm having a table in that. I'm having a linux server which is in network with the oracle server. I need to write a c program in linux env when on execution loads the table with the text file given as input. Please explain me the flow of process in that and also... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramprasad
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a dynamically changing file and load into Oracle?

I have a tab delimited file which has 27 character fields. The file needs to be loaded into an Oracle table. But the challenge is that everytime the file comes it may or may not have values in all 27 fields. Column Definition of the 27 fields: TYPE: Char (1) NAME: Char (30) CUSTOM_VAL: Char... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

load a data from text file into a oracle table

Hi all, I have a data like, 0,R001,2,D this wants to be loaded into a oracle database table. Pl let me know how this has to be done. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raji35
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data from a flat file to oracle.

I have a flat file with records like Header 123 James Williams Finance2000 124 Pete Pete HR 1500 125 PatrickHeather Engg 3000 Footer The structure is: Eno:4 characters Name:8 characters Surname : 9 characters Dept:7 characters Sal:4characters These are sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

load file to sharepoint using unix

I have a requirement to upload a file to the MS sharepoint site using unix or any other programming language. Does sharepoint support ftp? I heard it doesn't ...is it true...if yes is it different from what regular ftp we use....is there any other programming way out to upload the file to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

why do we need UNIX shell script to load data into Oracle database

Hello everyone, I am new to shell scripting/ loading data into a database. I want to load data into Oracle database using SQL loader. Can some one please explain why do we need unix shell script to load the data into the database? Also can someone please explain what has to be in that script?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_prog
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to load daily average I/O stats from a .ksh file into Oracle db

Hi can anyone help me with a script to load output of the .ksh file into an Oracle database. I have attached sample output of the information that i need to load to the database (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LucyYani
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to load XML file to Oracle table

Experts. I have created a oracle table as below. create table xml_tab ( File_No number , File_content Varchar2(2000), file_type xmltype ); Daily we are receiving many XML files as below. here is our sample xml file. File1 : (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
7 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)