Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers identify a customer under a UNIX server Post 302374116 by Scrutinizer on Monday 23rd of November 2009 12:53:16 PM
Old 11-23-2009
or this:
Code:
w

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to identify who rebooted the linux server

Hi All, Since server is located at remote place so how to identify which user rebooted the server. Is there any way to identify the user. Thanks in advance, Reg, Bache Gowda (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Tru64 How to identify what causes the server to go down?

Hi All, I need some pointers, advice, tips & anything that can help me figure out what's causing our OSF1 xxx.xx.xxx.xxx V5.1 2650 alpha to go down unexpectedly. It's gone down 3 times in the past 5 days. I'm still new to unix administration, so appreciate if you could share your wealth of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahzzbietel
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to identify which HDD is allocated to VIO server

Hello All, I am new to AIX VIO LPAR server. We have VIO 1.5 server installed with few logical valumes and 3-4 Virtual machines running. I wanted to restructer the space allocation to logical values. but don't know which harddisk, hold VIO server installation. Can someone please help to me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorbhede
8 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix Shell Script to prompt customer for name etc

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: How do I create a shell script called 'custinfo' to prompt a customer to enter and display back the following:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SQLScript
4 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify server.database connection

Good afternoon i need your help, i am new at unix, in a ETL scenario like datastage is , there are a bunch of procesess (script shells) conecting to hetereogenius database source servers in order to extract information. Ive got 2 questions 1. Using unix how can i identify exactly the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify CPU usage on the Linux server

We are using linux server. We have below script running on the crontab and it send the alert if the cpu usage is above 90%. My question is, the below script tells the CPU usage for one CPU or all CPU in the server? sar 1 1 | sed '$!d' | awk '{printf("%d", $8)}' > $SAR_LOG Please let me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
4 Replies

7. Solaris

identify server type from ufsdump

Hi guys I have a little problem. I need to identify the server type from some ufsdumps. How can i do that? I grepped with: grep Sun messages* but with this command, if there server was never rebooted, i cannot recognize the server type. any other idea? thx in advance Ivan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to identify the blade from VIO server?

Hello, I would like to identify the blade or/and bladecenter from the hosted VIO server. I prefer the "command line" solution. May be kdb. Like, I want to ask the child about his father. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: x41
1 Replies
vino-server(1)							   User Commands						    vino-server(1)

NAME
vino-server - remote desktop server SYNOPSIS
vino-server DESCRIPTION
vino-server is a remote desktop server based on VNC protocol. vino-server provides remote desktop takeover and remote desktop view func- tions. vino-server allows multiple client to access a GNOME desktop session remotely. It is based on the VNC technology. vino-server pro- vides service at port 5800. Each desktop has a vino server which disabled by default and a Java client application which is made available to a client via a web browser (via port 5900 of the server machine is the service is enabled by the user). FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/vino-server The executable file for the vino server application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-remote-desktop | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
vino-passwd(1), vino-preferences(1), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Steven Zhang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. Updated by Halton Huo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 15 Aug 2008 vino-server(1)