Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Live Knoppix on usb sdb2 kernel not found Post 302374071 by guast on Monday 23rd of November 2009 10:22:44 AM
Old 11-23-2009
Thanks all I found the issue.
Actually when I created the second partition I didn't set it as active

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix Live Networking Issue

So yeah, I have knoppix live and can't seem to set the devices on the network... I configured the IP, and the server sees it, I configured DNS and I can access some websites, and I still can't access the shared folders on the system. Did I miss something here? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Itsaboutme
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From Knoppix Live-USB to Old-school CLI Debian Linux.

Alright. Here we go... The other day, I was referred to this neat little command-line Unix simulator called Cygwin. To put it lightly, I fell in love. I found Knoppix, and from what I can tell, it's a viable OS once I strip off the KDE desktop environment to make it 'old-school'. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev_squid
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to install fedora 13 from a usb media....it should not like 'live'?

im using Dell Inspiron with windows 7 as operating system.....in my hard drive there is some 34 gb unpartitioned space and now i want to install fedora 13 into it, after installation it should be dual boot. problem here is... i have the fedora 13 image file ie fedora13-i386-DVD.iso file. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik437
13 Replies

4. Linux

Kexec with Live USB/CD

Hello Recently I found this (for me) really usefull tool kexec which can load a new Kernel while running one. I tested it some times with the same kernel I was running, "rebooting" the system without powering it off at any time :D But I need kexec basically just for live usbs. I want to start... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
17 Replies

5. BSD

Installing FreeBsd. No usb device found

Hello, all. My english is not good. I have a problem installing FreeBsd. I have not CD-Roms, so i use program FlashBoot for convert iso-image to USB Device. After, I was beginning to install FreeBsd (Sorry my english) When it's time to choose an installation media, i select 9 USB:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snet
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kcore and a live persistent linux usb distro

I have 2 computers, from now on i shall call these computers A and B. Made a live linux distro (bodhi) on A which has 1GB internal memory , because windows is unstable on B, which has 512MB internal memory. I mean with memory the internal memory of the computer, not the memory of the usb... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anno
0 Replies

7. BSD

Freebsd live usb

Hello. I'm going to make freebsd live usb based on FreeBSD-8.3-RELEASE-i386-livefs.iso. The iso is 257 Megabytes, but after i copy its content to usb drive its volume increases to 971 Megabytes. I tried different methods of copying (tar,cp,cpio) but with the same result. Could anyone help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Usbcopy fails with the error message sol-11_1-live-x86.usb is not a multiple of 512

I am trying to create a live image of solaris 11.1. I have used #pkg image-update to upgrade from 11 to 11.1 already. (since only 11.1 can make images of 11.1 due to using new grub) then from within 11.1 I used pkg install install distribution-constructor to get latest usbcopy that should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taltamir
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMWare kernel headers not found

This is the error: http://imgur.com/1ywCKac I've tried Googling forever. I've tried this command: sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) It says the package is not found. Nothing works. Please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: plsbbg
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 install via live usb

Hello All, I am attempting to boot and install Solaris 11 via live USB on a HP DL580 Gen9 Server. Unfortunately, when I do this it boots into System Maintenance Mode. The attachment (Pic1) shows what I am seeing via the console. The BIOS is in UEFI boot. Does not work on legacy mode as I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerbi
15 Replies
DISKTAB(5)							File Formats Manual							DISKTAB(5)

NAME
disktab - disk description file SYNOPSIS
#include <disktab.h> DESCRIPTION
Disktab is a simple date base which describes disk geometries and disk partition characteristics. The format is patterned after the term- cap(5) terminal data base. Entries in disktab consist of a number of `:' separated fields. The first entry for each disk gives the names which are known for the disk, separated by `|' characters. The last name given should be a long name fully identifying the disk. The following list indicates the normal values stored for each disk entry. Name Type Description ns num Number of sectors per track nt num Number of tracks per cylinder nc num Total number of cylinders on the disk b0 str Filename of block zero primary bootstrap for device ba num Block size for partition `a' (bytes) bd num Block size for partition `d' (bytes) be num Block size for partition `e' (bytes) bf num Block size for partition `f' (bytes) bg num Block size for partition `g' (bytes) bh num Block size for partition `h' (bytes) fa num Fragment size for partition `a' (bytes) fd num Fragment size for partition `d' (bytes) fe num Fragment size for partition `e' (bytes) ff num Fragment size for partition `f' (bytes) fg num Fragment size for partition `g' (bytes) fh num Fragment size for partition `h' (bytes) pa num Size of partition `a' in sectors pb num Size of partition `b' in sectors pc num Size of partition `c' in sectors pd num Size of partition `d' in sectors pe num Size of partition `e' in sectors pf num Size of partition `f' in sectors pg num Size of partition `g' in sectors ph num Size of partition `h' in sectors se num Sector size in bytes (default 512) sf bool supports bad144-style bad sector forwarding so bool partition offsets in sectors ty str Type of disk (e.g. removable, winchester) Disktab entries may be automatically generated with the diskpart program. FILES
/etc/disktab SEE ALSO
newfs(8), diskpart(8), getdiskbyname(3) BUGS
This file shouldn't exist, the information should be stored on each disk pack. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 17, 1986 DISKTAB(5)