Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating a file to count how many files in the directory Post 302373817 by thegeek on Sunday 22nd of November 2009 08:02:00 AM
Old 11-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiPin
Code:
find . -type f | wc -l > 1In1.myfile

the problem with this command is that it not update after i add a new file in the directory.
Yes, after adding a new file, how you are expecting it to update the count ? -- you run it once and redirecting it, thats all.... again it wont update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiPin
Anyone got any ideas how i can Solve this????

thx!!!
There are PERL modules which can look for new file creation in directory, if that is created you can get the new count. -- ( you can use this, and make some work around: http://search.cpan.org/dist/File-Mon...ile/Monitor.pm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the count of files in a directory

Hi Gurus WHat would be the command to check whether there is a file in particular path or not.. for ex: my file name is ExRate_20071501.csv I can have many files with same pattern but diffrentiated by date.. i have a process where i have to check if files exist in tht folder i have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sish78
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of files in a directory

Hi All, How do i find out the number of files in a directory using unix command ? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls > file - Creating file containing the list of all files present in a directory

Hi All, I need to create a file which contains the list of all the files present in that directory. e.g., ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat but what i am getting is: $ ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat /export/home/user/*.dat: No such file or directory But I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to count files in a directory

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had an answer for this? thanks, KW (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwa71
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating date directory and moving files into that directory

I have list of files named file_username_051208_025233.log. Here 051208 is the date and 025233 is the time.I have to run thousands of files daily.I want to put all the files depending on the date of running into a date directory.Suppose if we run files today they should put into 05:Dec:08... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi030
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

count number of files in a directory

what's the script to do that? i want to only count the number of files in that directory, not including any sub directories at all (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a list of files in directory?

Hi All, I would like to do a loop on all the files with extension .out in my directory this files should be sorted alphabetically. Then I need to assign to each of them a progressive ID of three digits (maybe in HEX format?). First I tried to list manually the files as ARRAY=( A-001.out ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in directory excluding existing files

Hi, Please let me know how to find out number of files in a directory excluding existing files..The existing file format will be unknown..each time.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count files in every directory

Hi all, I'm looking over all the internet for finding how to make a count of the files for every directory apart.. not a total result for the xx directories. For example: -dir1 file1 file2 -subdir1 -subdir2 file1 -subdir3 file1 -dir2 -dir3 file4 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: CODIII
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of files in directory and write to new file with number of files and their name?

Hi! I just want to count number of files in a directory, and write to new text file, with number of files and their name output should look like this,, assume that below one is a new file created by script Number of files in directory = 25 1. a.txt 2. abc.txt 3. asd.dat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
20 Replies
SWAC-GET(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SWAC-GET(1)

NAME
swac-get - audio collections of words (SWAC) manager SYNOPSIS
swac-get [-t] [clear] [update] | [upgrade] | [select <url|packid>] | [deselect <url|packid>] | [list] | [list-sources] | [list-available] | [sql <query>] | [--help] | [--version] DESCRIPTION
Swac-get is a simple command line program which allows to download and install audio collections of words (SWAC) in a SQLite3 database. Audio collections can be imported from the hard drive or directly from the Internet using the HTTP protocol. Swac-get is designed to be used with swac-explore, a GTK+ interface which allows the browsing of the created SQLite3 database. An important set of free audio collec- tions of words (SWAC) is available at: http://swac-collections.org/ For more information, please, visit the Shtooka Project homepage at: http://shtooka.net/ . COMMANDS
clear clear database deselect <url|packid> delete records of the package <url|packid> from the database list list installed packages list-available list available packages list-sources list source repositories sql <query> execute a sql query in the database select <url|packid> insert records of the package <url|packid> in the database ex: swac-get select file:///home/<my directory>/ swac-get select http://packs.shtooka.net/<my package>/ogg/ swac-get select fra-balm-voc select source-delete <url> delete <url> from the repositories list source-deselect <url> deselect <url> from the repositories list source-select <url> add <url> to the repositories list ex: swac-get source-select http://packs.shtooka.net/ swac-get source-select file:///home/<my directory>/ update update the list of available packages upgrade upgrade installed packages OPTIONS
-t, --target <path> set the SQLite3 database path (default path is ~/.swac/swac.db) -v, --version print version information and exit -h, --help print this help and exit EXAMPLES
swac-get source-select http://packs.shtooka.net/ swac-get update swac-get select chi-balm-hsk1 swac-get select fra-balm-voc BUGS
swac-get doesn't care about the version number for the upgrade command. AUTHOR
swac-get and this manual page were written by Nicolas Vion <nico@picapo.net>. mai 25, 2008 SWAC-GET(1)