Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Pull out multiple files from DB table and redirect all those files to a differetn directory? Post 302373591 by rdcwayx on Saturday 21st of November 2009 01:08:31 AM
Old 11-21-2009
Something like this?

Code:
$ awk 'NR>1 {if($4>500) print "cp ",$3"/"$2,$3"/new/"$2} ' ur_table_file
cp  /apps/opt/UNO_1234 /apps/opt/new/UNO_1234
cp  /apps/opt/UNO_1235 /apps/opt/new/UNO_1235
cp  /apps/opt/UNO_1236 /apps/opt/new/UNO_1236

you can export the output to a file, and add x permission on it, then run it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to multiple files.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and have a question. I would like to redirect the output of a command to multiple files, each file holding the exact same copy. From what I read from the bash manpage and from some searching it seems it cannot be done within the shell except setting up a loop. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbkihong
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can you redirect multiple files for input?

I have a program that is reading strings into a vector from a file. Currently I am using this command: a.out < file1 The program runs and prints the contents of the vector to the screen, like its supposed to. The problem is that it needs to read in 3 files to fill the vector. Is there anyway... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matrix_Prime
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect files to a directory

i have some 2000 files and i want to redirect it to a dir after i give the command find . -mtime -15 -print it gives some 2000 files file1.DAT file2.DAT : : : file2000.DAT ------------------------------------------------------------------------how to redirect all these 2000 files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect multiple input files?

I have a program that runs like "cat f1 - f2 -", I need to write shell script to run the program whose standard input will be redirected from 2 files. I spend a whole day on it, but didn't figure out. Can someone help me out? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: microstarwwx
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect stdin stdout to multiple files

Hi, i know how to a) redirect stdout and stderr to one file, b) and write to two files concurrently with same output using tee command Now, i want to do both the above together. I have a script and it should write both stdout and stderr in one file and also write the same content to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string from multiple dir and redirect to new files

Hi, I am new to script and I want find one string from multiple files in diff directories and put that out put to new file. Like I have A,B & C directories and each has multiple files but one file is unic in all the directories like COMM.txt Now I want write script to find the string... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahessh123
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Table name from a list of files in a Directory

Hi , I have searched through the forum but not able to find out any help :( i have a directory having lot of files which contains sql statemtns eg : file 1 contains select from table_name1 where ..................... select from table_name2 where .......... select from ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trendz
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I use grep to pull incremental data and send to multiple files?

Hi Everyone, Im currently using the below code to pull data from a large CSV file and put it into smaller files with just the data associated with the number that I "grep". grep 'M053' test.csv > test053.csv Is there a way that I can use grep to run through my file like the example below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheStruggle
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load multiple files into a table

Hi, I need to load data from two files to a single table. My requirement is that I get two files in which a few column data are manadatory. These files are identified based on the file name. For example, I have two files ABCFile and BCDFile. ABCFile has mandatory data in column 3 and 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reshma15193
0 Replies
gnome-calculator(1)						   User Commands					       gnome-calculator(1)

NAME
gnome-calculator, gcalctool - perform basic, financial, and scientific calculations SYNOPSIS
gnome-calculator [-a accuracy] [-D] [-E] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Calculator application is multifunctional and can handle different types of mathematical approaches. Calculator has the following modes: Basic Mode Provides standard calculator functions. You can store numbers in 10 different memory registers, and easily retrieve and replace the numbers in the memory registers. Basic Mode is the default mode. You can use all of the Basic Mode functions in each of the other modes. Financial Mode Provides several complex financial functions. Scientific Mode Provides many additional mathematical functions, including trigonometric and logical functions. You can also store your own functions and constants, when you use Scientific Mode. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
On startup, Calculator uses the following configuration resources stored in a GConf database. Resource: /schemes/apps/gcalctool/accuracy Values: Accuracy value Description: The number of digits displayed after the numeric point. This value must be in the range 0 to 9. Resource: /schemes/apps/gcalctool/base Values: Numeric Base Description: The initial numeric base. Valid values are "BIN" (binary), "OCT" (octal), "DEC" (deci- mal), and "HEX" (hexadecimal). Resource: /schemes/apps/gcalctool/display Values: Display mode Description: The initial display mode. Valid values are "ENG" (engineering), "FIX" (fixed-point), and SCI" (scientific). Resource: /schemes/apps/gcalctool/mode Values: Mode Description: The initial calculator mode. Valid values are "BASIC", "FINANCIAL", and "SCIENTIFIC". Resource: /schemes/apps/gcalctool/showzeroes Values: true, false (true) Description: Whether to show trailing zeroes after the numeric point in the display value. Resource: /schemes/apps/gcalctool/showregisters Values: true, false (true) Description: Whether to display the memory register window when Calculator starts. Resource: /schemes/apps/gcalctool/trigtype Values: Trig. type Description: The initial trigonometric type. Valid values are "DEG" (degrees), "GRAD" (grads), and "RAD" (radians). Any constants or functions that the user defines are also stored in the GConf database. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a accuracy Specifies the number of digits displayed after the numeric point. This value must be in the range 0 to 9. -D Enable debug mode. -E Enable debug mode in the multiple-precision arithmetic package. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Calculator example% gnome-calculator EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-calculator Executable for Calculator. ~/.gcalctoolrc User-specific resources for customizing the appearance and color of Calculator. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-calculator | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Calculator Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster and Rich Burridge, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 1 Oct 2003 gnome-calculator(1)