Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: df command always return 0%
Operating Systems Solaris df command always return 0% Post 302373546 by jlliagre on Friday 20th of November 2009 04:40:51 PM
Old 11-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by polexx
Hi, I don't know why but about 80% of time when I execute the command "df -v /directory" the output is always 0% used. Anyone have clue to why this is happening?
Because the filesystem is empty 80% of the time ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return value of piped command?

grep $SEARCH_STRING /etc/passwd | cut -d":" -f 1,5 I need to check the $? value of grep in the above. If I place a test for $? after the above piped command, it returns success status of grep piped to cut. How can I get the success status of grep alone? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing return from cal command

Jim , Anyone I do not have GNU date Besides I am particularly interested in how one can parse the return from the cal command. Say do - cal 11 2008 - and parse out a given date, say the 8th and return that the 8th was Saturday. ( diffrentiating between S for Saturday and Sunday , also in the case... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragrid
1 Replies

4. AIX

Command return value in HMC

I have script runninn from cron pulling backup of hmc through nfs share ssh user@hmc "bkconsdata -r nfs -h <hostname> -l <nfs share> " This works perfect and I pull the backups regularly.. but problem Now I need to enhance the script, like take action if a backup fails.. "How do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command return type

Hi all does find command return anything if the file to be searched is not found? Like if I search from a file in a dir does it return false or null if the file is not found? Please suggests. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command does not want to return on ssh

Hi, I am trying to use this command to backup my remote server: ssh ftp nice -19 bru -cXiAf mail-02:/dev/nst1 /etc When I run I get: connect to address 205.150.86.5 port 544: Connection refused connect to address 205.150.86.5 port 544: Connection refused trying normal rsh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the return value of a command into a variable?

I want to store the return value of grep -c string filename into a variable, say count. How do I do that? For example if grep -c "string" "filename" shows 0 on executing it in the sh shell then I want to store this 0 in a variable. Is it possible? :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navienavnav
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select Command - return

Hello everyone, A simple question which may have a suggested solution: I am using, and loving, the select command in a ksh93 script on AIX 6.1 to present users with menus. I have been successful in controlling all of key input by the users, I still have an issue with the RETURN key. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to return a message after command runs?

I have a script like this: echo "enter filername in lowercase" read -e filername exec 2>&1 echo "type the start date in format MM/DD/YYYY" read -e startdate exec 2>&1 echo "enter the end date in format MM/DD/YYYY" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Displaying command return in one line

Hello all I have a query (SQL) that returns a rather long field from an Oracle database. The field in question is defined on 400 characters but all these 400 cannot be displayed by the echo command. Thus when I launch the following command: echo "SELECT FIELD01 FROM TABLE_NAME;" | sqlplus -s... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: S. BASU
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)